FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Godaddy.com can go to hell

patasarriba
Just wanted to share the experience I had today:

I went to Godaddy.com to register the domain name I wanted. After wading through so many pages of "Wait, but register the name you want at .info too! And register YourName.co.uk!" and whatnot, I finally had the opportunity to pay. I put in my PayPal information and they were authorized to take funds from my account (they authorized themselves hundreds of bucks for a $9.99 order, by the way), but NOTHING happened. No confirmation e-mail, nothing. For hours.

So then I un-authorized them to take money from my account and signed up with Namecheap. No annoying or insulting "But wait! Register this too!" crap, and they put the WHOIS shield on for free, at least for the moment. The moral of the story being, don't link your PayPal account to anything linked to Danica Patrick. Avoid Godaddy like the plague!
xorcist
I used Godaddy once and I always get emails from them with little specials they are having at the moment. They really should go and remove all of the advertisement they have before you go and buy the domain, it really makes people not to want to buy from them. You have to do all these things before you actually get the domain. There are many domain Registration Services out that that do not have all of the advertisements and has reliable service.
coreymanshack
I can't say that I've had a problem like this. Go daddy has been very reliable for me. I think you should have given them another try and/or tried to contact customer support. Customer support would have probably fixed the accident. I know if I lost 100's of dollars I would certainly let them know about it.
silvertailsfox
GoDaddy is one of the most reliable domain registrars on the Internet. I'm sorry about your bad experience, maybe there was a typo or something? I use GoDaddy and personally am very satisfied with their service.
m-productions
Sounds like you had some connection problems... I wouldnt blame godaddy for this, they are the only people I used.. I have bought wel over 30 domains from them... never had a problem.
patasarriba
The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that the problem was using my PayPal account...but still, I'm reluctant to re-try with anyone who authorized themselves to hundreds of dollars monthly for a once-a-year payment of less than ten dollars. Oh well.
manumiglani
Infact, there are people with same mindsets as yours www.nodaddy.com
k_s_baskar
Godaddy is a reliable and reputed company in domain registration and webservice field. May be due to poor net connection such incident may happen.
manumiglani
Its also true that they have more horror stories than any other domain registration company in the business.
dude_xyx
manumiglani wrote:
Its also true that they have more horror stories than any other domain registration company in the business.

1&1 and yahoo has more horror stories than godaddy.com. Generally I'm ok with Godaddy.com, only bad thing about them is that their aggressive advertising method. Its you can by pass it if you want.
coreymanshack
manumiglani wrote:

I'm sure this is an opinionated statement as no real facts are shown, I have no real facts that go daddy is so awesome either, other than I've had no problems with them. So take this post as you may Very Happy
manumiglani
coreymanshack wrote:
manumiglani wrote:

I'm sure this is an opinionated statement as no real facts are shown, I have no real facts that go daddy is so awesome either, other than I've had no problems with them. So take this post as you may Very Happy

SEE the facts yourself my friend here - http://www.nodaddy.com or Google it - http://www.google.com/search?q=godaddy+sucks
mjohnson
Godaddy is very famours I think you can not let it go to hell because it is so strong and powerful.
patasarriba
I, at any rate, have learned my lesson -- never again trust anything endorsed by Danica Patric.
coreymanshack
manumiglani wrote:
coreymanshack wrote:
manumiglani wrote:

SEE the facts yourself my friend here - http://www.nodaddy.com or Google it - http://www.google.com/search?q=godaddy+sucks

It's so much more easy to find negative things than good things about anything....

Take a look here.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=godaddy+good&btnG=Search
minik
patasarriba wrote:
I, at any rate, have learned my lesson -- never again trust anything endorsed by Danica Patric.

I've used Yahoo! smallbusiness domains and I find their services excellent. OK, there's a minor delay after you've just set it up to hosting, but overall it's great.
patasarriba
Everyone hates Yahoo!, but I registered a domain with them once before and had no problems.
coreymanshack
patasarriba wrote:
Everyone hates Yahoo!, but I registered a domain with them once before and had no problems.

What do you not hate my friend?
web_harman
is godaddy the cheapest domain registrar ... is it true or it is famous for its good service???
mahirharoon
Quote:
Just wanted to share the experience I had today:

I went to Godaddy.com to register the domain name I wanted. After wading through so many pages of "Wait, but register the name you want at .info too! And register YourName.co.uk!" and whatnot, I finally had the opportunity to pay. I put in my PayPal information and they were authorized to take funds from my account (they authorized themselves hundreds of bucks for a $9.99 order, by the way), but NOTHING happened. No confirmation e-mail, nothing. For hours.

So then I un-authorized them to take money from my account and signed up with Namecheap. No annoying or insulting "But wait! Register this too!" crap, and they put the WHOIS shield on for free, at least for the moment. The moral of the story being, don't link your PayPal account to anything linked to Danica Patrick. Avoid Godaddy like the plague!

thus the meaning of godaddy.com is "go daddy to hell" and "go away daddy" or "get lost daddy"
makemeinsecure
i never had any sort of problem with godaddy !!
catscratches
I've always thought of them like a bit unserious... It wouldn't surprise me if all the horror-stories were true.
KatanaSky
I started off with 1and1 ...but I switched to Go Daddy and I've to find that Go Daddy is much better. Personally, I think that Go Daddy has GREAT customer support - I've called them 3 times regarding different confusions and what-not and they spoke WITH ME. ...not like they were scripted. They listened to my concerns, confirmed what the problem seem to be, and they went through everything in terms I could understand.

It also always helps to have a diplomatic approach to the situation whether or not they are at fault with something. People tend to get frustrated and approach customer service with hostility in their voice and they forget manners and get all demanding and such. It's one thing to want to resolve an issue, it's another to be downright rude.
Summer
well i've never encounter any problem when i buy domain Wink
I think godaddy has a good customer service, no? The site seems to be trustable.
andy26
iv just started to use godaddy it seems ok so far i also got a deal on a .info domain and its all going good so far, i think i may buy my hosting from namecheap.com though there hosting seems to work out more cheaper or atleast more efficant for me.
Akito
I've never used GoDaddy before, I don't want to pay for a domain Razz
andy26
i have a slight hate for it now as most domain registras have free whois protection where as godaddy dosent.
Akito
andy26 wrote:
i have a slight hate for it now as most domain registras have free whois protection where as godaddy dosent.

They just want $$$ Then, are they one of those freebie companys who don't care about you?
BigMo420
I think operator error is in play here. I've used Godaddy.com more than once and haven't had any problems with them.

Very dependable... and Dancka Patrick? I'd hit it!!! Laughing
Akito
BigMo420 wrote:
I think operator error is in play here. I've used Godaddy.com more than once and haven't had any problems with them.

Very dependable... and Dancka Patrick? I'd hit it!!! Laughing

Pssh domain.com ftw.
paskall
using godaddy.com, havent had a problem yet. Whenever I want to change my nameservers, it responds really quickly like in minutes and that's the first thing I look for in a domain server.

tho sorry for the problems you had. I recommend Godaddy, but guys whenever you want to register something, specially if you re gonna pay, try to use a good net speed, and fill the forms really carefully.

Cheers.
uuuuuu
More testament to the suckageous sucking suckfest at GoDaddy.com:

Visitors to RateMyCop.com on Tuesday were redirected to a GoDaddy page reading, "Oops!!!", which urged the site owner to contact GoDaddy to find out why the company pulled the plug.

RateMyCop founder Gino Sesto says he was given no notice of the suspension. When he called GoDaddy, the company told him that he'd been shut down for "suspicious activity."

When Sesto got a supervisor on the phone, the company changed its story and claimed the site had surpassed its 3 terabyte bandwidth limit, a claim that Sesto says is nonsense. "How can it be overloaded when it only had 80,00 page views today, and 400,000 yesterday?"

Unfortunately, the company it chose for hosting is known to be quick to censor its customers. In January of last year, GoDaddy took down entire computer security website -- delisting it from DNS -- to get a single, archived mailing list post off the web.

On that occasion, at least, it gave the site's owner 60 seconds notice. GoDaddy notified Seto by posting its "Oops!" message to his public website.

"You put on my website for me to call you, when you have my phone number?," says Sesto.

Reprehensible.

Anyway, that's all I have to say about that.

Say hi to your mom for me,

Love,

Uwe
LostOverThere
Hmm, I've never had this problem before. But my favourite thing about GoDaddy, is they keep forgetting to charge me! Insane, I know! I've owned a domain for 3 years and I've still only paid for 1 year...weird, eh?
swizzy
dude_xyx wrote:
manumiglani wrote:

1&1 and yahoo has more horror stories than godaddy.com. Generally I'm ok with Godaddy.com, only bad thing about them is that their aggressive advertising method.

They have this very obscure "No Thanks" link at the bottom right of each ad... clicking it a few times keeps you away from "their aggressive advertising" ads...

I just registered a domain at GoDaddy.. only $6.95! Also the nameserver transitions take place very fast... I just love them...
loyal
LostOverThere wrote:
Hmm, I've never had this problem before. But my favourite thing about GoDaddy, is they keep forgetting to charge me! Insane, I know! I've owned a domain for 3 years and I've still only paid for 1 year...weird, eh?

Actually, they're probably charging you automatically. You have to unclick/uncheck/whatever the option for them not to charge the credit card you used automatically to pay for the domain.

Peace.
propeng
I never registered a domain with GoDaddy, but I think what happened was phishing. Be sure to check the URL for typos (gdaddy.com instead of godaddy.com) before you register.
smasha
I use godaddy and no problems so far, your right the ads are annoying but i'm sure they work for them. You get used to them quickly anyway.