FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Crysis,Is it going to set new gaming and hardware standards

faheemnadeem
Crysis Looks cool but would my 8600 gs going to support.New hardware standards surely woulb be required...
Kelcey
I think it'll run fine if you bump down the effects and resolution. But I really wonder what it'll take to get it to run blazing fast with all effects on at a 1680 x 1050 resolution.
greatfire
I will need about 4 upgrades before my computer can play crysis. But seriously my gaming machine hasn't been updated in almost two years Sad
Yjaxygames
Everyone that has a computer now would need to buy a better one to play this, but it's really going to be a great game.
pudding
Crysis will be an awesome game but can someone tell me the difference between the gfx of UE3 and Crysis Engine except for the usage of a different DirectX?
Yjaxygames
pudding wrote:
Crysis will be an awesome game but can someone tell me the difference between the gfx of UE3 and Crysis Engine except for the usage of a different DirectX?

Problably the way Crysis deals with the destruction of objects, like trees and plants and even buildings.
pudding
Yjaxygames wrote:
pudding wrote:

Problably the way Crysis deals with the destruction of objects, like trees and plants and even buildings.
UE3 is capable of using the Ageia PhysX card which will probably be used by Crysis as well since Ageia will be a huge success and very well known.
Dwyer17
I thought my computer could handle almost anything. I've got ATI x1950 Pro with 512MB. I'm not sure if that will be able to handle Crysis. Will it? I've got 2gigs of high quality RAM, and a P4 2.8GHz. Pretty sure my processor is the oldest thing in my computer, dang.
QrafTee
faheemnadeem wrote:
Crysis Looks cool but would my 8600 gs going to support.New hardware standards surely woulb be required...
I'm pretty sure your 8600 will support it. I was signing up for the beta and I go pass the system requirements with my GeForce 8600 GTS (256MB) video card. I couldn't participate in the beta though since it required me to be a "premium" (I'd have to pay a subscription basically) member.
Fake
Goto system reqs. labs website to check it your hard ware is compatible or not
max2500
UT3 and Crysis are actually rather similar. You could get similar results in the UT3 engine if you're good. Both engines are capable of doing pretty much the same stuff, its all to do with what the developers do with the engine that makes something good or something bad.

Can't wait till Unreal Tournament 3 comes out, get my hands on the Unreal 3 engine Smile
Indyan
You would be able to play it on 8600gt (without some of the eyecandy) if the rest of ur system is decent.
Btw, crysis is definitely the best looking game that is in the making.
m-productions
crysis i dont think is the best looking in the making, have we all forgoten about killzone 2? that indeed is better looking... HOWEVER, im not saying this does not look good, haha, no no, ill will be without a dought grabing this bad boy.
spykE
Killzone 2 will DEFINETELY not look better, the textures are pretty average, everything in Crysis is so nicely polished and such, it's way nicer then what we have seen from Killzone 2.

I hope my X1950Pro can still run this pretty nicely.
exarkun
Just read a review on a pcgamer magazine on this game. How the review describe the game totally makes it rocks! There is this interview with the developer and he said that the game was made to have such a high system req so that it will still be able to keep up with the technology when it is officially released in 2008.
m-productions
If i can get a hold of my dad before the last batch on beta codes are gone on file planet... I will be playing the beta!! however.... theres only one batch left as of last night...so i hope my dad gets home before then.

edit: Went ahead and asked him for his account info. we are now in the beta!!.
Loghete
Oh Gosh, lucky there is FarCry, which my poor old 1.7 GHz can handle...