FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Writer's Desk - Personal Blog and a Teacher's Resource

SlowWalkere
I've been working on this blog for about a month now, so it's about time I put the word out about it.

Writer's Desk - http://walkere.frih.net/issues/

You'll find several things here...

One. This is a personal blog about my experience as a first year educator in an urban district in New Jersey. I'm teaching US History I to tenth graders. This is a place for me to vent frustrations, and to generally ponder the peculiarities of education in New Jersey and the US, and specifically some of the problems that face urban education.

Two. This is an educator's resource. I feel strongly that education should be a collaborative effort, so any lesson plans, projects, and resources that I develop or find useful for my teaching and professional development will be featured here. If you're an educator (especially in Social Studies, but some things will be cross-curricular), there should be something here for you.

Three. This is a portfolio of my online writing. I like to write, so I will occassionally publish other stuff that interests me, or feature articles I've published elsewhere on the web.

Enjoy,
- Walkere
the6thfactor
Very interesting. I read through several of your blog posts, and it kept making me read more and more! You seem to be a very talented writer, great work Smile