FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best PvP mmorpg

dlseven777
I've only played a few mmorpgs. But I still feel the pest pvp (player vs. player) is Dark Age of Camelot. Although arenas are pretty fun in World of Warcraft, but it has a more deathmatch type of feel. Which is fine, but not the kind of pvp I am looking for.
Psycho_X52
I believe Silkroad is a PvP... at least after level 20. I reached 11 and deleted the client because it was kinda crappie... Sherwood Dungeon (flash game, non PvP) has 2 classes over this 2 GB game.
ZeroXD
Although it's pretty old, I think Guild Wars is one of the best and more balanced pvp games out there. They did a pretty good job of evening out the playing field so that people who play all day don't have that much an advantage over someone who can only play a few hours a week.
spykE
Definately Guild Wars I think, though I'm hooked more on World of Warcraft. PvP system in Guild Wars is fantastic and greatly balanced, it gives you so much opportunities.
vaoger
i think world of world of warcraft or linenage 2 will have a better pvp feature..
for gvg.. guild war.. is the best..
for normal pvp... Gunbound....
Osmodius
vaoger wrote:
i think world of world of warcraft or linenage 2 will have a better pvp feature..

WoW PvP is probably the worst, since there is no skill element, the classes are unbalanced, and gear is too important.
ZeroXD
Osmodius wrote:
vaoger wrote:

WoW PvP is probably the worst, since there is no skill element, the classes are unbalanced, and gear is too important.

If gear wasn't so important, that would make people less play in raids and such to get those items, and once people start not caring about their gear.. no one will want to go through hundreds of raids to get those items.

That in turn will make them lose customers because raiding constantly is the only thing most players do anyway.
greatfire
The above poster makes a fair point. WoW is as balanced as I can be whilst still making as much money as possible.
Deias
There is a new game out in beta, if your a reader of VGcats or ctrl+alt+del you have probably seen it advertised. the game is called FURY a online MMORPG that is dedicated to PVP, graphics are on par with most MMO's out at this time. but the pvp is better then GW or WOW or really any other MMORPG Ive played so far, actually according to the creators of the game MMORPG is not the correct thing to call FURY they are actually titling it a PVPMMO. its only in beta right now I think there are a couple hundred slots left on it but I cant be positive Ive got mine thanks to visiting the webcomic sites daily lol. anyway Ill post more news on a topic thread later

if you can get into the open beta I suggest you do it they are giving out cash prizes and other objects roughly a million in prizes for the top ladder/arena/team pvp individuals
liquid573
Osmodius wrote:
vaoger wrote:

I agree. I like the actual battlegrounds in WoW, but the entire PvP design is just awful. It's one of the main reasons I don't play anymore.

I haven't gotten to try it out yet, but Lord of the Rings Online has a new take on PvP. From what I gather, they allow you to play as one of the game's monsters and run around and kill players in the open world. So I guess it's similar to playing on a PvP server... but it' a different take on PvP all together. Although the same can't be said for the RP side of the game, it's still pretty fun... especially so if your a Tolkien fan.
Deias
I just hit 70 with my rouge in WoW I must say battleground is okay. a bit weak as well as the intire pvp system in the overworld. but I have to hand it to Blizzard arena is actually fairly fun. no worries about oh crap whos going to be teamed with me today. set teams set people you know who your facing because you probably faced them before. you can plan out things in advance if you know your matchup 2x2 Arena PVP is ...gasp the best PvP(on wow) Ive ever been involved in
Vladalf
Osmodius wrote:
vaoger wrote:

I allways see high level people in World of Warcraf with epic armors pvping with lower level people that loose. Its skill also. You must know your spells/abillties and make tactics versus each class. You wont attack a warlock the same as you attack a rogue for example.
I think Skill is the most important element in World of Warcraft. One shaman once put all his armors in the inventory and pvped at bg naked and he still got on first place with no death. Thats skill.
Nutteloos
I think Blizzard actually made a fine move by letting a lot of outland areas have outdoor PvP - this means areas stay interesting even after you're done questing there. It can also be quite thrilling - just as long as there's enough participants from both sides. Very much looking forward to what they're gonna do with Northrend outdoor PvP.