FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How many sites to feed a fam

tahoestyle
Just to get an idea for myself, I was wondering if any of you out there are building sites and it has become your primary source of income - lately I have been contemplating ditching my job and pursuing building cms sites for some business' - Luckily I know quite a few that are in need -
With risking things like healthcare insurance , a stable 40hr week, what obstacles have you ran into besides the losing the "job benefits" or "corporate package" -
Here are my thoughts:
* I'm thinking that building a site (4 or 5 clients a months) can feed a family of 5
* website design pricing per client range $500-$1500
* what if I am unable to generate the 4 or 5 client a month after 6 months?
* What options do I have to continue gaining income? ie; site maintenance?

I guess in a nutshell I am wondering if you have converted fully to designing sites (freelance or not)
are you able to maintain a monthly income and how Wink

Thanks!
xorcist
I make sites for people I maintain them and I make money continuously. I suggest you keep your job which is stable and you know you are going to get a check all the time. With Web design you have no idea when the next time you will find someone that will pay you for web Design. To continue gaining income you should offer updating the website or upgrading software or scripts that you have installed on the website. But I suggest you have a steady job and just do Web Design in your part time, Unless you have a contract with a Business and know you will make a certain amount of money a month.