FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What Did We Learn From The Great Search Engine Experiment

argha
Last Week I did a Search Engine Experiment. I wanted to see if I could brand myself as the coolest guy in the universe. I created a web page that said Mike Makler is the coolest Guy in the Universe. In that Web Page I repeated that Phrase over and over. In less then 24 Hours I was Number 1 in Yahoo for the Phrase coolest Guy in the Universe in Double Quotes. A Few hours later I was no where to be found in Yahoo.

So I then created a few more web pages did a few more blog entries and not only was I back to #1 in Yahoo But I had the top 3 Spots and the 5th Spot in Yahoo as Well. Searching on the same Keyword Phrase in MSN I have the 2nd Spot and 4 total spots on the First Page.

Now if you run the exact same search in Google "coolest Guy in the Universe" don't forget the Double Quotes Not only am I not on the First Page of the Results but I am nowhere in sight on the first 4 or 5 Pages. You will also notice that the entries on the first few pages in Google tend to be very different for The Keyword Phrase the coolest Guy in the Universe. They tend to be more Commercial oriented. RandomHouse, Amazon and the BBC all Appear in the top 5 Results. They all have Google Page Rank values of 8 or 9.

This experiment seems to point to the fact that Google seems to stress Linking and Link Partners over Key Word Density in there search Criteria. An Alternative conclusion might be that Google is slower to index then Yahoo and MSN and Perhaps I just need to be patient. One would be more inclined to believe that 2nd conclusion if some of the other entries from Yahoo and MSN appeared in Google as opposed to those High Page Rank Ones.

Copyright 2005-2006 Mike Makler
simplyw00x
So not only is this blatantly ripped, you even posted the copyright of where you ripped it from ?_?

What was the point of posting this? You could have just done a linkand added a comment.

SPAMMER
onyx
Heh well im kinda doing the same thing. I have about 50 web sites with links to my real sites, meta tags, and some text about my page. I really got my page ranking better Smile
babumuchhala
well pleaase quote your source and give your opinion on it

Until then this tag is yours:
SPAMMER
budazz
argha wrote:
Last Week I did a Search Engine Experiment. I wanted to see if I could brand myself as the coolest guy in the universe. I created a web page that said Mike Makler is the coolest Guy in the Universe. In that Web Page I repeated that Phrase over and over. In less then 24 Hours I was Number 1 in Yahoo for the Phrase coolest Guy in the Universe in Double Quotes. A Few hours later I was no where to be found in Yahoo.

So I then created a few more web pages did a few more blog entries and not only was I back to #1 in Yahoo But I had the top 3 Spots and the 5th Spot in Yahoo as Well. Searching on the same Keyword Phrase in MSN I have the 2nd Spot and 4 total spots on the First Page.

Now if you run the exact same search in Google "coolest Guy in the Universe" don't forget the Double Quotes Not only am I not on the First Page of the Results but I am nowhere in sight on the first 4 or 5 Pages. You will also notice that the entries on the first few pages in Google tend to be very different for The Keyword Phrase the coolest Guy in the Universe. They tend to be more Commercial oriented. RandomHouse, Amazon and the BBC all Appear in the top 5 Results. They all have Google Page Rank values of 8 or 9.

This experiment seems to point to the fact that Google seems to stress Linking and Link Partners over Key Word Density in there search Criteria. An Alternative conclusion might be that Google is slower to index then Yahoo and MSN and Perhaps I just need to be patient. One would be more inclined to believe that 2nd conclusion if some of the other entries from Yahoo and MSN appeared in Google as opposed to those High Page Rank Ones.

Copyright 2005-2006 Mike Makler

you've been cought on that hehehe...you like spam ei? Laughing wahahaha Twisted Evil
n0obie4life
Well, we love you!

-close-