FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Server 1 now VPS 1

Bondings
I just moved all the accounts from Server 1 to VPS 1. (users with a .frihost.net subdomain)

If you have a subdomain, there is nothing that you need to do, apart from checking that everything is ok.

If you have a domain with nameservers ns1.frihost.net and ns2.frihost.net, then there is also nothing that you need to do.

If you have custom dns settings, setup somewhere else, like an A record to our (previous) ip address 216.32.68.250, then you will need to change it to 72.249.102.79, the new ip address!

Please note that the accounts will be kept for over a week on server 1. Of course all changes there are not recorded on VPS 1, the new server.

For problems: http://www.frihost.com/users/Bondings/blog/vp-80539.html or the support forums.
Bondings
Something important for the people who changed their dns settings, like mx records in their cPanel (server 1). It could be that the settings were lost due to the move and you'll need to change them back!