FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Database problem

WinGate
Account is working good... with one exception.
I canot upload database.
I have a database backup... it's working but when i try to insert it... it takes only first 4 TABLES from the database and then stops.
What can i do ?
[FuN]goku
WinGate wrote:
Account is working good... with one exception.
I canot upload database.
I have a database backup... it's working but when i try to insert it... it takes only first 4 TABLES from the database and then stops.
What can i do ?
If this is mysql we're talking about, then make sure your syntax is correct, or maybe post a sample of the file with changed table names or something if your worried about showing the table names.
WinGate
i'm not worried about nothing... but... when i got a syntax error it also showed me what was the error...
When the sql database is good it takes first 4 tables from it and then stops and i see only a white screen into phpmyadmin.
Any idea ?

I can install the script again BUT i'm "scared" Smile because i'll have to add again over 800 categories into it... and that takes a lot of time.
[FuN]goku
What you could try, is get a mysql gui, and remotely connect... there are a few good ones, i cant think of the ones i use on linux offhand but i know the 2 i use on windows are

-Premiumsoft Navicat
-Sqlyog ( i think thats how its spelled)

you can get a trial version of navicat, though i got the full version , and same with sqlyog with the exception of the standard editition which is free i do believe, but sqlyog is probably the best for large sql files, and its faster than navicat, and navicat is more of a user-friendly/quick type tool.

Hope this helps
WinGate
I'll figure it out in the next few days... even if i have to add from the beginning all categories.
Let's say that's my fault... because the other Freehosting provider... did not allow me to have 2 websites... and asked me to chose one for deleting.
That's the life.

BUT... as i sayed i'll figure it out.

Thank you !