FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

LOST

lsugc
Just thought i'd start a topic about the TV program LOST becuase i am addicted and it seems quite popular around the globe.

it would be interesting to have peoples opinions on areas where the writer and production team have slipped up on realisim and other impossibilities!

eg. would the rescue teams realy be looking in the wrong place? i think not, radio isnt the only communication on-board, satlelite and RaDAR are also used at reglary during a flight
aloSegun2
Yeah, but i think they haven't been found yet may be because the OTHERS in the island have something to do with it.

I also like the Show, and my question would be: Why this guys only want to kidnap the children?
lsugc
presumably Ethan's community is getting old and tired so needing new blood. it would be easier to educate a baby then to convince a teenager to join them. What i am confused about is how the first series ends.
onyx
I watched Lost as it came out. I watched like first 5 eps and all I can say is
WHAT THE F**K? Can a story like that make a good ep?

Maybe I should go into TV industry I have a lot better ideas then the lost crap.

I miss eps like OZ, sopranos where the story is really something you can't make up in a few hours.
boringest
huh? onyx...are you sure you watched it? 'cos the main theme of the show is LOST and all the characters are kinda lost in their lives before the planecrash...

...so you managed to figure out that the invisible giants are actually the protectors of the island from the 1st 5 episodes? And what do the numbers that the fat guy used to win has to do with everything? And is the comic book in Spanish related to the show? etc...

so far, I think LOST is one of the best shows I've seen so far.
snowboardalliance
I started watching that this summer. Are the reruns on ABC now going to catch up with the season 2 premere? Because I don't want to miss anything.
din4
I watched LOST few times when they played it for the first time (not everything). I like to watch the re-run shows, but I don't think I have time for it. Would you be so kind to let me know what happened at the end, off course after they done with the re-run...
TheHitman
Lost is many things - a marvellous thriller, a great cast of actors, allegory about the need for humans to work together, a epic soap opera with interesting story lines that keeps you at the edge of your seat.

One of my fav shows of the season.

But of course, what do I know??

I like Desperate Housewives also Wink
aloSegun2
The only thing i don't like about that series: there's too much ideas which don't make any sense, but anithing else is awesome
Duerre
A topic about Lost, this is so great!
I really LOVE this show, especially Charlie Embarassed ! And Claire.......
I can't wait until the season 2 even if i won't be able to see it until June 2006 (yeah I am French)!
It's no big deal, there are transcripts and screencaps on the net.
vainer10
Ohh man! this is the best show ever!!! by the way the DVD of the first seson is out now Exclamation
Sofie
I love Lost! It rocks soo much! I love every character in it - except from Sayid-- God I sooo do not like him. But Boone was my favorite character now it is Sun and Sawyer - Shannon would be on the list if she just dumped Sayid Razz
Tepelstreeltje
This is without a doubt the best television show in the history of television shows! It's the quality of a great movie. I remember over the summer when they first started advertising it I actually thought it was a movie coming out and immediately gained interest. After seeing just one preview I thought: I'm watching that! It's so much more than just another television show. The characters are complex, therefore making them seem more real. The show addresses situations that the viewer often wonders about: what if they built a raft? How will they hunt? ...and then so much more. The characters are in an environment foreign to them and the viewer: an island with "others" and a scary "security system". Each week the characters grow, the story grows, and the viewers interest and captivity grows. Without a doubt the best show on television.
S3nd K3ys
I bet there's either aliens or a giant spider in that trap door.
aloSegun2
hey, don't go too far with 'the best tv show ever' , anyway it's good, at least what i've seen(1st season). In my country we ain't gonna see 2nd season until 2006
criticaldensity
Lost is great.

I don't want to give any spoilers away so I won't post to much about it at the moment but:

at first I thought "the Hatch" might be some alien craft or something..now I have no clue what's down there...

and might the Black Rock story have more to come?
criticaldensity
here's a cool Lost site (and it's got some easter eggs)

oceanicflight815.com
Nameless
I watched the whole first season of lost, but I wont be watching any more. Why? Well it started out good, but as it progressed it just progressively more and more stupid. They just never close any plotlines, ever. Every episode promises things will be revealed (just the season final alone, and I quote 'all your questions will be answered' but again all it did was open up MORE plotlines) but nothing ever is! Now the islands got evil numbers, physic children, some kind of demon, polar bears and the OTHERS just to name a few. And of course EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER must have some kind of mildly-exciting story attatched to why they were on the plane. Why couldn't someone have just been on the plane for a holiday, or to visit their grandmother? And don't ever get me started on the unrealism of it all...

[/rant]
criticaldensity
Quote:
They just never close any plotlines, ever. Every episode promises things will be revealed (just the season final alone, and I quote 'all your questions will be answered' but again all it did was open up MORE plotlines) but nothing ever is! Now the islands got evil numbers, physic children, some kind of demon, polar bears and the OTHERS just to name a few. And of course EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER must have some kind of mildly-exciting story attatched to why they were on the plane. Why couldn't someone have just been on the plane for a holiday, or to visit their grandmother? And don't ever get me started on the unrealism of it all...

I do agree with those points you made, and as an Alias fan, I have to say if JJ Abrams drops any storylines and/or doesn't give us answers somewhere down the line...I'll be really pi$$%^.
Nawert
I think LOST is the best show because theres nothing like it. There are like 20 cop and crime solving shows and I only like one of them which is CSI.
criticaldensity
Season 2 starts tonight at 9pm EST.

From what I've read about it, it should be a good eppy.
snowboardalliance
The season premiere was really interesting. I just hate the cliffhanger they leave you with.
Eyre
exactly. at least its something to look forward to throughout the week.
Lady Elensar
I live in the Netherlands, and when I have time, I watch Lost too. I think Lost is exciting. But there happens so much, that I even more wonder what's going on there. It's really a riddle. Then it looks very realistic, then it doesn't. Confused
snowboardalliance
I really can't wait until tonight.

SPOILERS FROM SEASON PREMIERE
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I'm wondering why that guy is in that hole, and why he had met Jack before. And what are the people from the raft going to do? Will that guy underground turn out nice? Or is someone going to die? and the quarantine thing is wierd. How long has he been there? Ahh, so many questions. Tonight better be a good one.
Lady Elensar
snowboardalliance wrote:
Ahh, so many questions. Tonight better be a good one.

Many questions.. exactly. Very complicated. Confused But violent! Very Happy I like Jack. He's nice. Good person. And Kate too. But Locke.. I think he's a little bit strange.. there's somting with him.. Maybe he's a good person, but maybe... not? Confused But i've not seen every episode. Sad
Eyre
Holy macaroni! Who watched tonights episode? That was crazy. A little dissapointing because they just did what they did last week pretty much, but about the others? Thats crazy. Can't wait tilll next week. Smile
mwm
Never seen it but sounds like I should. The ads never caught my attention. Check out Commander In Chief? NOT GOOD!

-mwm
snowboardalliance
Eyre wrote:
Holy macaroni! Who watched tonights episode? That was crazy. A little dissapointing because they just did what they did last week pretty much, but about the others? Thats crazy. Can't wait tilll next week. Smile

--Spoilerish below

Yeah I know. I was disapointed about the hatch, while it did explain Locke/Kate, It left at the same point Really. DOES DESMOND KNOW JACK OR NOT??? And is Desmond going to end up nice and helpful? I don't think they'll kill off Locke Jack or Kate yet in the hatch. but the others were interesting. Oh, and the preview for next week, that girl survived the BACK of the plane? Something really wierd is going on.
picsite
Lost is kind of unreal, becuz in this world there are many things that can locate a PLANE that has crashed. However, I like the show, it has some suspense to it. Thats my two cents.
Eyre
indeed, i cant wait for it. I also dont think they will kill them off. But we know desmond has seen jack before (at the stadium) and that makes it even more weird how he is on the exact same island. And another thing. (spoilers) WHen sawyer and micheal where drifting back, they were drifiting back on the exact same island. THen they saw the others, so the others are obviously on the exact same island. Possible. Yes in the previews with that girl, weird weird. Lot's of things to be cleared up this week. hopefully. Razz
criticaldensity
Quote:
Lost is kind of unreal, becuz in this world there are many things that can locate a PLANE that has crashed

yes, maybe so, if the island was ....able to be located.
I'm not saying it's in the Burmuda Triangle but, there is the matter of the numbers and..the books Sawyer is reading (Watership Down & A Wrinkle in Time) have some relavance to the show itself. Just my opinion

it should be relatively clear by now that they are not on a "normal" island.
SilverDogg
i think lost is excellent. me and my girlfriend watch it every wednesday here in sweden. and lost season 2 is starting directly after the first one ends, so its wonderful =D. no pause or anything, just pure entertainment!! WOO WOO!
snowboardalliance
So everyone who saw episode 2 this season:

Do you think the people coming to Sawyer and Michael are "the others"? or different "others" having something to do with the rear of the plane?
I bet it has to do with the rear of the plane because of that Ana Luicia girl

I read some other forums and found out that the man holding a gun to Locke, is NOT the man who wakes up in the hatch-DIFFERENT EYE COLORS, so where is this other guy?
I'm sure it is another guy, but what is he doing while Locke, Jack, and Kate are there

And, what is with the timer/computer/numbers? Does the 108 (4+8+15+16+23+42) countdown by minutes all the time?

And some thoughts I've heard: There is some kind of generator (explains magnetic fields). The shark had the same symbol on it as you see all over the hatch (seen some screens of it).
criticaldensity
spoilerish

Quote:
I read some other forums and found out that the man holding a gun to Locke, is NOT the man who wakes up in the hatch-DIFFERENT EYE COLORS, so where is this other guy?

interesting, maybe that's why Desmond kept asking Locke "are you him?" maybe he meant the other guy..

I also think the people with Saywer are the "others" Danielle spoke of..maybe the tail section landed in "the dark territory"
Eyre
hmmm....i dont know, the people in the rear of the plane may be the others..and there can be OTHER others...who knows. But i think it is THE others, not the rear of the plane. because remember Jin came stumbling out of the forest, and he disappeared out in the ocean after the boat holding the others came. Also, more stuff about the computer. I dont know if this is right, but i have a vague memory of someone saying this. The thing on the island that makes all the noise. Rememer it sounds kind of like a machine? LIke gears are cranking. Well, i have a small memory of the french woman saying it was not a creature, it was just a security system? Well, maybe the computer is somehow linked to that. Maybe, im not sure. just speculating. And why is the guy (Desmond?) in quarentine? "How many of them are sick?" So there is some desise (probaly spelt wrong) or something. or he thinks there is. and how the hell did that large thing get there in the first place.
snowboardalliance
Eyre wrote:
hmmm....i dont know, the people in the rear of the plane may be the others..and there can be OTHER others...who knows. But i think it is THE others, not the rear of the plane. because remember Jin came stumbling out of the forest, and he disappeared out in the ocean after the boat holding the others came. Also, more stuff about the computer. I dont know if this is right, but i have a vague memory of someone saying this. The thing on the island that makes all the noise. Rememer it sounds kind of like a machine? LIke gears are cranking. Well, i have a small memory of the french woman saying it was not a creature, it was just a security system? Well, maybe the computer is somehow linked to that. Maybe, im not sure. just speculating. And why is the guy (Desmond?) in quarentine? "How many of them are sick?" So there is some desise (probaly spelt wrong) or something. or he thinks there is. and how the hell did that large thing get there in the first place.

Yeah, she said its a "security system" so that is plausable-possibly it only goes when Desmond doesn't enter the code?? With that timer going off...
Desmond is on the inside and the way the hatch says quarantine, suggests the disease is out on the island. From what the French woman and Desmond said, there is a disease that people get. He said it to Locke though as if after 44 days, most people SHOULD be sick, that it should be spreading already. Hopefully this week will clear up some more.
Twikki
I own the lost series one dvd
colilon
Razz the DVD is great... :envy:!!! Twisted Evil

hmm...
i don't know if it was written in here but,
i read somewhere this theory...

it says that desmond had brang all of the islanders to the island...

like, he met jack and marked him or something...

what do u think???!!?
criticaldensity
I don't think Desmond is responsible for them crashing there. I think Desmond is an 'island victim' also.

oh and I posted something earlier about the "others"
let me clarify what I meant. I think there are 'others' and that the tail section landed in dark territory but I DON'T think the people from the tail section are the 'others' Danellie was speaking of....meaning 'the others' were already occuping a part of the island(possibly Dark Territory) when the tail section crashed there..

(hope that makes more sense Smile
colilon
Damon has approved on a talk show (think Leno)
that the oldies who took walt are 'the Others'...

Hope that's crifies you a bit...

Anyway... What do you think of Ana-Lucia (micheal rodriegez)
i think she looks annoying...
snowboardalliance
criticaldensity wrote:
I don't think Desmond is responsible for them crashing there. I think Desmond is an 'island victim' also.

let me clarify what I meant. I think there are 'others' and that the tail section landed in dark territory but I DON'T think the people from the tail section are the 'others' Danellie was speaking of....meaning 'the others' were already occuping a part of the island(possibly Dark Territory) when the tail section crashed there..

Yeah, that would be my guess too. Just wondering though, why it shows Ana-Lucia in the preview in the cage too... just have to wait to find out if guess
colilon
snowboardalliance wrote:
criticaldensity wrote:

Yeah, that would be my guess too. Just wondering though, why it shows Ana-Lucia in the preview in the cage too... just have to wait to find out if guess

First... heres a pic of the spooky guys

And on this pic u can c that Ana-Lucias not there:

Now, in this third pic u can c the guy from Oz closing the "door" of
the hole micheal sawyer and Ana-Lucia are in... Which means Ana-Lucia
is from the tail, and the people with the thingis are not (including the guy
from Oz)...

Now last thing... who do u think screams "Close the door"???!!!
I am dying to know Shocked Shocked Rolling Eyes Neutral

This ep is going to be,
with no doubt, wonderfull:!:ExclamationExclamation
Eyre
man, cant wait. im leaving orchestra practice early just to get home and see it. Very Happy . Yes criticaldensity, i know what you mean now. got a little confused up there Wink
colilon
Well, I can't Wait no longer!!!!!

Think i'm getting Crazy...

Q:
Who here just love the song:
"Make Your Own Kind of Music - The Mama's and the Papa's"?
I've cut him from the 1st ep. 'cause its great!!! Very Happy...

Anyone?
KungFuChris
I'm only about 10 episodes in, so I apologise if I've missed anything important by skim reading the previous posts incase my eyes accidently stumble on a spoiler.

I remember when this started off here in the UK and a large majority of my friends were ranting and raving about it, and not only watching it on tv, but obtaining copies to watch the entire series before even the 3rd or 4th episodes were shown.

So I decided to knuckle down to it and watch it just to find out what everyone was going on about and I have to say that the initial first few episodes just did not manage to grab me at all. It all seemed a little cheesy and over the top, and I spent most of the first episode laughing at silly things like the moving trees from 'the monster' and the way all the main characters would line up and stand as close to any threat they could see as possible.

However, after a few more something finally twigged and I started getting into it a lot more and now I don't think I could stop watching if I tried. Though a few things seem to have suddenly become less important or 'left out' from the first few episodes (where is the monster? the random rain?). Hopefully these will make a reappearance so that I'm not too annoyed.
Eyre
yes i cant wait, two more hours for me....there are a few other things about the people in the back of the plane. My mother is yelling at me know "that lady who had the vision of the boy" but wont specify which boy or lady. And also, that african american lady who said her husband wasn't dead, maybe she knew something....
snowboardalliance
colilon wrote:
snowboardalliance wrote:
criticaldensity wrote:

First... heres a pic of the spooky guys

I'm thinking its possible that some of the people from the tail have gotten "sick" and are the ones that are coming (all the people in those pics you posted) got "sick", while others like Ana Lucia somehow survived...

Just a thought-Hopefully we'll know more in less than 2 hours Very Happy
windval
i love this TV programme very much
Eyre
but now we don't know if Ana was on the back of the plane....she could be an other, but was on the back of the plane, and the others helped her, or she couldve just always been and other. this week didnt clear up much either....other than desmonds stuff.
colilon
what a great ep.!!!!

WOW, we found so many stuff about desmond and his arrival!!!

I'll post some wonder-making photos,

E.G.

Spoiler from the promo of nxt week...

Jin speeks E-N-G-L-I-S-H ?!?!?!?!?!?!

WTF?!

Is this my imaginary!>?

WIERD, And anourmoslly Creepy!!!

like i said... Photos are to come...
snowboardalliance
SPOILERS ***

So the people coming to Michael, Jin, and Sawyer were the rear of the plane people right? I mean look at thier clothes. And that thing with the hatch is wierd...Desmond doesn't really even know what's up. Some "experiment gone wrong" situtation... Explains the logo on the shaark.
colilon
hmmm...

I dont Know...
I think things has gotten pretty clear in the hatch...

Theres only two options now...

1.Desmond is lying.

2.Desmond was canned.

I think the first would br much more interesting and true...

But who Knows? I mean, JJ and Damon has pretty much landed everything till' ep. 5 or 6 no?

About the thing with The Others\rears people,
Theres a theory saying that only Ana-Lucia is from the rear,
and she had joined to the Others or Elders or whatever...

I dont know, I mean they dress like jungle boys or something...
Gee why cant I be patient?

And just for fun...

***************SPOILER!!!!**********************

http://communabuilder.tapuz.co.il/UsersFolders/tvsubs/images/081020051202.jpg
AnGeLicK
i love this program... its so intelligent and surreal... its like a morphine drip... i'm totally hooked
criticaldensity
wow, I forgot to check this thread and post..

Lost was awesome again..I friggin love this show.

and the end was pretty suspenseful there with Jack and the execute button.
colilon
grrrrrr... I just cant wait, anyone has any site with countdown?????

Oh I have an idea.. lets all post here our fan art...

fan art=wallpapers, sigs, avatars, etc.
snowboardalliance
SPOILERS---
from episode 4

wow, so I guess we've found another of the hatches. And we know that the rear plane people are pretty nice. One thing I'm wondering though "I thought you said there were 22 of you" woman: "There were..." Is it just me, or is she saying this confused? Like suddenly some people are gone? Just a thought.
fallenintoshadows
I'm SO addicted to it! (not as much as someone else I know though who downloaded the entire series because she couldn't wait to watch it) And when I thought Charlie was going to die! I couldn't believe it! It' an awesome series!
digibluez
I dont make the same mistake again like i did with stargate atlantis.I downloaded all episodes and watched them at one day.No fun and excitement to see what's next week comeing up.they started to show the first episode by estonian tv a week ago.I have allready been tempted by spoilers and the change to download and see the next episode the next day.Have been resiteing that.It is too good to see all at once.A freind sayd he used to wathc it but not anymore the season2 ,because they only gave more quiestions and no answers.Well its an advneture series,it must be like that.I never read anything in these topics only reply.
criticaldensity
Quote:
One thing I'm wondering though "I thought you said there were 22 of you" woman: "There were..." Is it just me, or is she saying this confused? Like suddenly some people are gone? Just a thought

I think she just said "there were"....and that was it..
Lady Elensar
I've missed last episode (The translation)!! Sad Don't know what happened.. *is going to search if there's an action replay* < never did that before..how could I...
criticaldensity
I can't believe we have to wait 3 weeks for a new Lost.

and who the f--- is going to be killed. I swear JJ really messes up sometimes. changing cast people and dropping storylines.

remember the polarbears, and what about Kates back story and how the toy plane got in the safety deposit box. and what about Jack seeing his dead father, and the empty coffin...... I want to know these things.
will we ever see Walt again.
snowboardalliance
criticaldensity wrote:
I can't believe we have to wait 3 weeks for a new Lost.

What???

really?

Well, at least I finally got season 1 dvd to keep me busy.

EDIT:
no,
http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/
Next Episode:
Wednesday, Oct. 26, 9/8c
"Adrift"
soulman
everything going well now, but I am worried about Walt.... and why these "others" capture him~
boringest
snowboardalliance wrote:
SPOILERS---wow, so I guess we've found another of the hatches. And we know that the rear plane people are pretty nice. One thing I'm wondering though "I thought you said there were 22 of you" woman: "There were..." Is it just me, or is she saying this confused? Like suddenly some people are gone? Just a thought.

I think from the hints dropped, it could be that ppl get 'infected' and will turn against them....also in episode 5, did you see a bunch of ppl's legs when Michael and the big black guy was hiding in the bush? I think they are from the back part of the plane as well!

finally, at the end of the show, they were advertising that somebody in that group will get 'LOST' in 3 weeks' time and they were showing Sawyer's face there!

what do you guys think?
hiroki-star
Rubbish. Terrible. Completely confusing. Need I go on?

The end plot is utter crap too. I won't say incase anyone else actually LIKES lost.

Lost drags and drags on, its utterly boring. Watching eastenders is far more entertaining
snowboardalliance
boringest wrote:
snowboardalliance wrote:
SPOILERS---wow, so I guess we've found another of the hatches. And we know that the rear plane people are pretty nice. One thing I'm wondering though "I thought you said there were 22 of you" woman: "There were..." Is it just me, or is she saying this confused? Like suddenly some people are gone? Just a thought.

I think from the hints dropped, it could be that ppl get 'infected' and will turn against them....also in episode 5, did you see a bunch of ppl's legs when Michael and the big black guy was hiding in the bush? I think they are from the back part of the plane as well!

finally, at the end of the show, they were advertising that somebody in that group will get 'LOST' in 3 weeks' time and they were showing Sawyer's face there!

what do you guys think?

My guess is the legs are the "Original" "The others", that Rossuea(sp?) (that french lady) talked about at first. I mean, that had to be Walt, and those "others" would have been the ones to take him.
gnomme
im am lost in the serie story!! i never understand the full story of that!! so confusing... Shocked
snowboardalliance
gnomme wrote:
im am lost in the serie story!! i never understand the full story of that!! so confusing... Shocked

Serie story?

I don't know what you mean, but if you buy the DVD and watch it all, you can understand a lot more (especially if your like me and only saw the summer reruns which skipped some parts)
SunburnedCactus
How they managed to stretch such an insipid storyline over 20+ episodes is beyond me.
therestofus
This has become one of my favorite shows, but lately I think its been dragging on really slow. I mean the part when Jack first goes into the hatch and the guy has a gun to Locke, that 10 second clip was stretched to 3 episodes, they just kept playing that until they finally went on. The first season was definitely WAY better than the second, but Ill keep watching, hehe.
snowboardalliance
therestofus wrote:
This has become one of my favorite shows, but lately I think its been dragging on really slow. I mean the part when Jack first goes into the hatch and the guy has a gun to Locke, that 10 second clip was stretched to 3 episodes, they just kept playing that until they finally went on. The first season was definitely WAY better than the second, but Ill keep watching, hehe.

Although it is a little slow, I'd say this season is really good just because of all of the new mysteries. I mean, it will take a long time to wrap it all up, but I'd be happy watching this for a few years. Gives me something to watch Wednesdays Very Happy
therestofus
snowboardalliance wrote:
therestofus wrote:

Although it is a little slow, I'd say this season is really good just because of all of the new mysteries. I mean, it will take a long time to wrap it all up, but I'd be happy watching this for a few years. Gives me something to watch Wednesdays Very Happy
Yeah, but I hate the hatch. In my opinion, it ruined what was really great about the show.
soulman
yeah, every wednesday became more important than usual.....
roonilwazlib
personally, i thought the first season was a lot better, because it did move a lot quicker than the beginning of this season. hopefully, though, this coming episode will be better.. even though we have to wait another week and a half!

i really want to know what's up with walt.. he's so creepy now.