FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New Ipod Nano

poly
What do you guys think about the new I pod nano, which can play videos as well and is pretty much quadratic?
I was first shocked by the design, but I guess it s not that bad, and its new video feature is pretty cool, as well as it s cheaper price..

Check it out on www.apple.com
coreymanshack
poly wrote:
What do you guys think about the new I pod nano, which can play videos as well and is pretty much quadratic?
I was first shocked by the design, but I guess it s not that bad, and its new video feature is pretty cool, as well as it s cheaper price..

Check it out on www.apple.com

I like it, i mean, what's so shocking about the design other than it's smaller than the orginal. It can be stuffed in your pocket easier now Very Happy
fadirocks
you still can hack the old nano to play videos!!!! http://ipodlinux.org

Very Happy
[FuN]goku
fadirocks wrote:
you still can hack the old nano to play videos!!!! http://ipodlinux.org

Very Happy
XD ive seen that before, im not that big of fan of Apple, but just today they got us to do a survey in homeroom for student services, and then they gave us a ballad for a chance to win an ipod.. i was like.... meh... and i gave it to someone else. I should of thought of ipod linux XD then modded the nano casing so it wouldnt look like an apple product lol, would be something to pass the time.
dayveday
I dunno - I've never been a huge fan of iPod (actually, probably the opposite) but the new nano looks pretty sweet. Though, I dunno how much use a screen that small would be. You'd get pretty sick of watching it, especially for a show or a movie - so it would probably end up not being used that much.
lastelement0
i think apple is just looking for newer ways to suck people in for money. this is like the 3rd(?) change for the nano already. its getting to the point where it's just looking like apple is reeping a profit from the types of people that need to have the latest and greatest in something.

at the same time, apple is probably ruining their own shot of making even more money, not that they have that problem at the moment. however, i feel they could easily make a lot more money on the older versions that they dont even need to release the older versions until they stop selling.

personally i wouldnt buy one fur the restrictions to how u can upload it, how many computers can use it and everything. creative>ipod imo
Shewolf
If I where a rich woman I would have bought it., but I am not. I think the new nanos are pretty cute, not too useful or anything, but nice. Really nice.
fredrikjruud
I just love the new nano. The new design makes it fit much better in your hand.
greatfire
I hate the new nano design. Wow its slightly smaller then the "classic" and with 1/10th the storage its a waste of money. You might as well get a "classic" as the size difference is negligible
Handyman
There is a big size difference between the clasic and nano. THe nano is more durable than the clasic because it uses flash memory where the clasic still uses a hard drive. The nano is a ipod for active people. It just sucks that the 4GB model only comes in one color and the 8GB colors are pastel. I guess there is always black. I like the new nano and I will probably buy one when my nano dies.
dickyzin
I still think the 80 Gigabyte iPod video is much more worth it. It's bigger and heavier but stores more and the screen looks bigger. Not that you would watch much video on it anyways. I mainly use my iPod for music and as an external Hard Drive. Smile
DarkAkira
I really hate the New nanos. Here are my reason.

First, the colors are UGLY. I mean... the iPods were so cool in bright colors, now they are dull and lifeless. Bleh. I can't look at it for more than a few minutes.

Second, the size/shape. Yes it is smaller, and that is probably a good idea. But the shape screwed it up. The thing is soo difficult to hold and control. It makes using the entire unit just akward.

Next is the scroll wheel. For this model, they seem to have tried a new scroll wheel, and it is terrible. The thing has terrible response to touch, and requires alot more force just to get it to recognize that your are trying to spin it. I didn't like that at all.

Finally, is the firmware. Cover Flow on a nano is neat, as is native ability to play video. THATS IT THOUGH!!!

The firmware is really buggy, and laggy. When you spin through menu items and songs, there is a delay. A laggy delay. Very irritating. Not t mention the screen is now cut in half because of that annoying side part that you cant seem to turn off. That firmware is not meant for that hardware or screen size. It just makes that experience worse.

And this is coming from someone who loves Apple and their products, and who up until recently had every generation iPod that was released.

On the lighter side, the iPod touch is a work of art and I love it.
I went to the US recently and I was in the Apple shop {Shamefully xD} I noticed that the prices at the current exchange rate make everything so cheap because I am from England. I bought the new Ipod nano 4gb.

There are Upsides and downsides to its new design though..

Posistive Points
- Its easier to hold for those of us with big hands
- It can play videos without fiddling with it
- New firmwar which is cool
- It has your album art shown while scrolling through the songs

Negative Points
- I find that the spinning thing is too sensitive and I have no way of changing it
- It can be slow
- It only comes in one boring color when you get it 4Gb

Overall I think its better than the original.
ammonkc
I like them. I didn't at first because the design is such a change from what we've all come to expect from the iPod nano line. But once I touched one and had a chance to play with it at the apple store, I loved it. its really tiny and light. and just feels very sleek. I don't own one, but I just picked up like 3 to give as christmas gifts this year.