FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Forsaken!

basementgamesltd
Hey all,

This was one of my favorite flying games when it came out. If you've ever played any of the Descent games then you've played Forsaken. The control is very similar in that you can move in 3D through 360 degrees. That doesn't mean you shouldn't buy it; in fact after reading this review you should order it immediately.

Forsaken requires a Pentium 133MHz processor or higher and about 16-32 MB of RAM. Although the game doesn't require a 3D graphics card you'll want to use one to treat yourself to its jaw-dropping graphics. The game supports only Direct3D and virtually every graphics card manufactured in the last four years. The visuals are simply stunning: laser fire is smooth and bright and the explosions are done quite well. Owners of Aureal's Vortex audio chipsets will smile when they hear the sounds of combat oozing out of their quad-speaker setups; Forsaken only supports A3D for 3D positional sound but also supports DirectSound.

The game lets you choose from a number of bounty hunter scum to play as. You then fly through the game's 16 single player levels acquiring gold bars, crystals, and weapons to defend your loot against rival bouunty hunters. There are also 15 multiplayer maps for head-to-head deathmatch action via modem, LAN, or over the Internet.

I gave the game four stars because it should have more levels and, well, it's very hard. The robot sentries you battle are quite smart and some are very powerful. I wish there more levels so the experience wouldn't end but take my word for it: Forsaken is loads of fun. Even you've played Descent and didn't like it you'll love this game. In fact, given it's difficulty level and fun factor you'll playing be it for a long time.

Keep it real.....
poly
Never heard of it..