FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mac Software

jeremyslome
What is your favorite Mac software?

Any suggestions for new software? I really enjoy MacJournal right now for keeping a personal journal every night. Also, the new iPhoto is brilliant as it keeps everything organized by event.
Talk2Tom11
They have software for macs? lol Very Happy
Shewolf
No way, I would never believe that in a milion years... Laughing

Well, personally I love Adium. It's a opensource messerger-client, and it's just the cutest little duckling I've ever seen Very Happy
outofnicks
MT Newswatcher, a binary usenet client
Transmit, FTP--the BEST
froginabox
PARALLELS.

Seriously, its the best $79 I have ever spent on software. I need to have Windows for work, and openSuSE (linux) for some light dev work at the same job - rather than have to partition my hard drive into five seperate pieces and mess with the official Mac bootloader, I can run Parallels and have all three OSes open at once!! The hard drives are virtual, so you're not taking up huge chunks of your drive by installing. The drives are also expandable. I really love it.

Other cool software for Mac is the new version of GarageBand - I can set up backing tracks to jam on top of REALLY fast now.
Handyman
I like the new iWork 08 Keynote,Pages and Numbers it blows m$ office out of the water. If you get a chance give the trial a try. The intel macs have really allowed for improved programs on the mac. I also like the final cut studio. Motion is my fovorite Laughing
wylieconlon
My personal favorites aren't anything fancy: Safari 3, iChat, Photoshop, and Flash. Pretty much all of them work on the PC as well. Boot camp/Parallels would be amazingly nice, though.