FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are guys easily scared off?

Vlien
My experience is that as a girl you should always keep your distance... that's something I utterly hate. I mean, how can you when you really like someone? So unnatural Smile but anyways, one text to ask him out can be one too many! That's actually happened twice to me, and I had been careful...
So is this true, guys? Are you easily scared off? (I must say: it's not that I'm totally unattractive or stupid, I might just have given them a tad too much attention... dunno!)
A_Jess_Dress
I think guys do scare easily. I can't tell you how many times I finally go up and talk to a guy or ask him to dance and he admits later on that he had been watching me for a while but was too shy to come up to me. ENOUGH ALREADY. Its not that I think men have to be total barbarians, but I would love not to have to do all the work. I wish more men would have some self-confidence to approah a girl...being sensitive does not mean being spineless!

Its sad that a text or two is too much Mad
Slammer
I'd say for most part guys get scared off just as easily as women probably do. If you're looking across the room at someone then fine, but don't stare for ages, thats just gets creepy.

And yes some guys are too shy to approach women, its not that they're waiting to make you do all the work, maybe they just can't read the signals or don't have the confidence to just go for it.
molif
some guys are scared, but not all. i would like it if a girl comes up to me.. it shows confidence..
Azmo
Depens alot on the situation if you ask me. Asking a girl to dance with me, never realy been a problem. What "scares" me more is when you started to see a girl, and on first real date she tells you that she got a kid or two. Nothing against kids at all, but that scares me, first of all, because I'm still young, 20-years-old, and second, because I wanna have a family of my own, not her family, might be selfish, but I rather walk away then even take the chance of getting involved in her family.
Coclus
Depends..I m not scared if a girl asks me to dance or somethin;)
But if you really like someone you are scared to mess it up sometimes..
xkobram
Yeah I got scared when girl who I only know from internet invited me to a party and then to sleep there.

First I agreed but then it was going stranger and stranger. First she told me, one girl will go with us, then she asked me to flirt with her there. It's very strange when someone asks "And are we going to flirt with each other?" Strange, but still I agreed. But then she told me, that that girl wouldn't sleep there, but another boy will. Then I got realy scared - two boys, one girl and her boyfriend somewhere out?

This girl has always had stupid ideas...
Flarkis
Well in my opinion guys are mostly idiots. This comes from a guy. If everywhere we go we see a girl staring at us...YES THAT IS CREEPY! and some guys have a line between "she is checking me out" and "she is stalking me". Generally we tend to think we are being stalked. On the other hand guys also tend to not have enough "balls" to walk up to a girl he thinks likes him and start talking. But its impossible for the girl to show him without him thinking she is a stalker or creepy. Ill say this:

1. Girls tend to flirt alot and guys take alot from this. So when we see you flirting with another guy we don't know if you like us or not
2. Guys TALK and often blow things out of proportion. If you are sitting somewhere waiting for him to walk by his friends might say you were staring at him.
3. Girls tend to stay in packs. Its impossible for us to talk to you if you are in a group of 20 people.
4. Guys will almost NEVER go out on a limb if they have a chance of being rejected. Its the way we are.

DANKE!
Markus

P.S. would a girl mind making a counter statement Razz
molif
Flarkis wrote:

3. Girls tend to stay in packs. Its impossible for us to talk to you if you are in a group of 20 people.

very true.. so called confidence they need, but you don't see us guys going in groups of 20 to toilet!
mike_phi
mmmm thinking about how I have reacted in the past I would say I am not easily scared off, infact I dont get scared off at all.

I guess the only time I would retreat is if I really dont want the attention of a certain girl and that has nothing to do with the way she looks just preference i guess.

so you would have to be carefull and sort of make sure you feel the guy kinda likes you then I think its a green light from there, you can make what ever advances you wish to make ; )

cheers
FroHawK
Flarkis wrote:

1. Girls tend to flirt alot and guys take alot from this. So when we see you flirting with another guy we don't know if you like us or not
2. Guys TALK and often blow things out of proportion. If you are sitting somewhere waiting for him to walk by his friends might say you were staring at him.
4. Guys will almost NEVER go out on a limb if they have a chance of being rejected. Its the way we are.

1. i agree a lot with this i have been lead on by two different girls in less then a month

2. ya i do agree with this to, im a guy i know i do it

3. now a days this is a lie, texting is a great way to get to know someone

4. i agree 110% i will never really ask a girl to a dance or out on a dance with out at least two people saying that she will say yes
Liu
FroHawK wrote:

3. now a days this is a lie, texting is a great way to get to know someone

How do you text someone you've never met?
Flarkis
Ya. In my opinion texting/email/MSN is not a good thing in most relationships. One of my friends asked a girl out over MSN, never talked with her except over MSN and never went on a date. Well it lasted about to weeks.

Girls appreciate it when you ask them out FACE TO FACE.

On the other hand i have seen some interesting ways to meet girls in bars using cell phones.

Markus
FroHawK
ok, i meant if you know the person. if its someone at your school you want to get to know them better. i didnt mean at the bar or random people. yes i agree asking face to face is better, but if you have to text to ask thats the 2nd best. my last relationship (lasted 5 months) when i first asked her out it was over texting.
tingkagol
molif wrote:
some guys are scared, but not all. i would like it if a girl comes up to me.. it shows confidence..

more like ego-tripping on your part.

Either way, it's ok. That's how things go down these days.
supjapscrapper
Vlien wrote:
My experience is that as a girl you should always keep your distance... that's something I utterly hate. I mean, how can you when you really like someone? So unnatural Smile but anyways, one text to ask him out can be one too many! That's actually happened twice to me, and I had been careful...
So is this true, guys? Are you easily scared off? (I must say: it's not that I'm totally unattractive or stupid, I might just have given them a tad too much attention... dunno!)

guys are not more scared off than girls, actually, even an average-looking or interesting girl will be very often approached, so they get used to dealing with it, their process goes like this: no, no, no, no, no......., yes, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no..... so it is pretty much easy to understand why many guys seem to lack confidence, they may have problems coping with rejection. In many cases relationships (even marriages) start by the girl taking the very first step or giving the very first siignal, then the guy has to take over the command and show how much he likes the girl, otherwise, guys can get pretty hard hits to their confidence by being too often rejected, and believe me, when a guy really likes a girl and he gets rejected without understanding it, that is a pretty hard blow to his person. so girls don't be so lazy and get up and do your small part of the work.
hunnyhiteshseth
Vlien wrote:

Well actually yes, guys are somehwat scared off. But this is because of girl's attitude:-

1) As somebody mentioned, you will always find girls in huge groups. Nobody is going to risk his reputation while asking a girl out(What if she rejects in the group?)

2) generally, guys are said to be insensitive. but I think gals are more insensitive. They dont think twice while just blindly saying "no". I mean there are some better ways to say no!

3) Lastly, guys just dont wanna loose a good friend by asking her out. girls generally dont understand thst even if a guy has proposed, it doesnt mean that both of you cant be friends.
Vlien
Well, I dunno, but I think most of the repliers took my question too literally. I was actually talking about the girl making too much effort after a first date...
I'll make it more "visual" Very Happy. The first date was GREAT, ab-so-lu-te-ly great. That was last Saturday. I haven't heard from him since! He's been on MSN twice, but I refuse to make the first move again. That's right, isn't it? Otherwise that'd make me too eager? I'm always afraid to come off as too eager.
Then if we got along so well and all, why doesn't he get in touch with me (anymore)?
I mean, they say girls are complicated... if I were allowed to be clear, hell I would be! Very Happy Anyone, help?
Guelila
pretty trueee
Im more in the shy type of guy. (only with the girls)
I am the kind of guy that can easily deepen a relationship, but whats hard is to start that relationship.
If a girl came up to me and just say a random thing, say like "do you have scissors?" , I would have no problem talking with that girl from now on, but it's not that easy to start a conversation with a girl I have never talked to before.
Flarkis
Ok yes vlien i would agree you dont want to seem to eager. Guys seem to think girls are often to clingy or sentimental. My advice would be wait it out for a little bit. If he does nothing you can either asume that he isint into you. Or you can go ahead and risk making the 1st move.

But if you make the first the reaction you will get will depend on the guy. For example a shy person might not want to be willing to make the first move. But someone who is or pretends to be realy gangster will take it the wrong way if you seem to eager.

Good luck
Markus

P.S. hunnyhiteshseth thnxs...im that someone Laughing
P.S.S. hey vlien i didnt notice this before but my band has almost the same name as you. We are called vilén
Vlien
Flarkis wrote:

P.S.S. hey vlien i didnt notice this before but my band has almost the same name as you. We are called vilén

Funny Smile it's an abbreviation of my name: Evelien.

Well, things have "stagnated". He seems to be really slow and ignorant an' stufff and I'm getting really impatient and a little frustrated, you know this feeling when you want to take someone by the shoulders and shrug him/her really hard? Well, that kind of feeling. He doesn't get any of my hints... though last night he told one of my friends that he liked me... but then there it stops and he doesn't make the slightest form of effort. Grrr!
sopetite
Well this is not surprising, as men really don't think about how the girls would feel after the excitement is over. Men are really like that, and I honestly think that relationships are overrated nowadays. Luckily women are learning.
Da Rossa
Vlien wrote:

Yes, your prediction is right. The men are easlily scared off. Boys, guys, and men. Perhaps you should change the approach mode.
mesianica
I don't believe it.