FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

mtv is officially a mess

lastelement0
i only saw 15 minutes of the vma's last night because thats as much as i could take of it. just awful. i can't believe that was an awards show. the fact they permitted britney spears to open the show is rediculous. it was abysmal. she was awful. she looked gross. coming out with a bikini of sorts on in her condition was uncalled for. not to mention she was not even singing! she even forgot how to lipsync haha just a joke.

following that was the awful attempt at comedy of sarah silverman. she is just downright terrible. she has no energy with her "jokes" and its just not funny at all.

then they go on with all these "performances" in these various suites throughout the hotel. the first time they went to one suite it was a total mess.

justin timberlake was right when challenging mtv to play more music. they need to get back to the roots of their name. MUSIC Television, Not terribly scripted reality television.
askurmum
I actually diagree with you here. Just because they made a hash of one award show doesn't mean that MTV is awful. Look at all the great shows they have done nopt to mention the great music and films that they do.
lastelement0
yet the tv shows they have been putting out have little to nothing to do with music. yeah real world/road rules has been around for ages but the other things just aren't anywhere near music. even if they just made certain days for these shows then it would be ok. but by having this programming on EVERYDAY is useless. but theres no such thing as music television on basic cable anymore
mattchun
Britney Spears is awful, Justin is awesome, several years ago they are couples, but now there are too much difference between them.
Coclus
I really don't like MTV that much, they have done and do some cool stuff, but, besides the music videos it s hard to bear their program..
lethaltriad
I havent gotten a chance to watch it fully yet but so far i've heard mixed reviews. Every year to me it seems to get from bad to worse and when I heard Britney was opening I had a feeling it would be all downhill. The tried something different this year though with the vegas theme and running different sections of the shows in different rooms which was cool though. Overall though i'm a lil tired of all the reality shows, cant watch real world anymore but i'll watch the inferno or gauntlet.
pudovkin
I can say for MTV here, in Brazil: it just dropped most of the music and focused on some ridiculous shows. :p
rightclickscott
MTV sucks, and that's it. The shows suck, the music sucks, everyone is a phoney, and they haven't done anything of even a decent quality. It's not even watchable in the least bit.
xorcist
MTV Doesnt really play Videos anymore, Every Sunday or Saturday they always have a Marathon or some reality show. They need to start Playing More Music Videos. As for the VMAs, Sarah Silverman was really boring they should have got someone else more then half of her jokes were boring and noone was laughing, Personally I do think she is a good Comedian. I think the suite performances was good but they should have showed them longer.
McDucque
I haven't gotten to see the VMA's yet, as I happened to miss them the night they were on. I assumed that they were going to replayed a hundred times like they always do, but i still haven't been able to catch it yet.

I saw the Britney Spears performance on an article by the Associated Press... it just looked gross as hell, and she did terribly. I think MTV did this on purpose, they knew she was going to tank. Kanye mentioned that night, I couldn't agree more.

On top of Kanye, I saw his performance and it was definately my favorite. That pool that hangs over the edge of the Palms always freaked me out, so him dancing on it was pretty sweet...

Sarah Silverman, I didnt see, I always find her funny, a lot of people don't get her, but I think shes awesome. The second season of her show starts next month, and I'll be watching.
twisthigh
I'm really happy that MTV showcased the Britney we all know. She is the one you should be calling a mess, however, I will say that none of the celebs looked pleased to be there.
TurtleShell
How many of you would like to see music videos on MTV? I feel like they must have the idea that no one wants to see music videos, and yet everyone complains their programming has nothing to do with music.
snowboardalliance
askurmum wrote:
I actually diagree with you here. Just because they made a hash of one award show doesn't mean that MTV is awful. Look at all the great shows they have done nopt to mention the great music and films that they do.

You're kidding right? Sure, just because one award show was bad doesn't mean that MTV is awful. But MTV is crap because of all its crappy shows and the way it has like no music (that isn't just some commercialized (c)rap/pop junk)

Quote:
MTV sucks, and that's it. The shows suck, the music sucks, everyone is a phoney, and they haven't done anything of even a decent quality. It's not even watchable in the least bit.

So true.

But hey, that's just my opinion.
rightclickscott
snowboardalliance wrote:
Quote:

So true.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

No, it's mine. You just quoted it and called it yours. You can agree with me, though. Don't worry, plenty of people do.

TurtleShell wrote:
How many of you would like to see music videos on MTV? I feel like they must have the idea that no one wants to see music videos, and yet everyone complains their programming has nothing to do with music.

It's not so much that people don't want to see music videos in general, it's more that the music they do broadcast is nothing but crap. What they do show are crappy emo bands and poorly made hip-hop, and that's it. Not only that, but they promote them like their music is that of the work of the lord Jesus Christ. I think Brian Posehn put it best, the MTV has found a way to spew s*** from their mouths and suck on their c***s at the same time. The again, he is working as a writer for a comedy show on MTV, so what are you going to do?
MYP415
you just realized its a mess now? Razz I stopped watching mtv a while ago...
xbcd
all i can say is they need to bring back actual music videos and get rid of the s**t new programing they have. its getting really ridiculous
imera
I atch vh1 or other music video chanels because MTV has almost nothing that I like. Also, the chances for me to hear the new music on MTV is so small that it can't be called a music chanel.
Afaceinthematrix
I haven't watched MTV out of my own choice in several years. It's become terrible these days. They play stupid reality tv shows like that "I Love New York" nonsense. Everyone at my work loves that show and they all dominate the break room television with these stupid shows. Whenever I get the chance I change the channel to the discovery channel, national geographic, or some form of stimulating show and everyone says that's boring... I guess people these days are easily entertained by nonsense.