FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Did anyone playing in Wesnoth?

patriot
Did anyone playing in Wesnoth?
silverGFX
Uhmm.. Confused

What is Wesnoth? and I think you meant "is anyone" or maybe not...

But my answer is no. Mostly because I dont know what it is. I might have though, I was in a cross country meet yesterday, maybe thats what you're talking about in a different language...
Psycho_X52
Laughing http://youtube.com/watch?v=EIt69vznegs
This is cool. I'd rather play 1000 words at gamebrew dot com.
azbuky
I've played Wesnoth some time ago.
I think it is a great game for those obsessed with strategy. Even better and more complex then chess.
ZeroXD
I've played this game before, and i thought it was very fun. It's been awhile since I played it though, I tend to play games obsessively, get distracted a week later, then forget to ever come back to a game.

For anyone who likes turn-based strategy games like Heroes of might and magic you should give this game a shot, it's really fun, and best of all it's free.
spykE
Don't know it, but seeing at the trailer it's still in 2D? Hmm that's a bit old imho Confused
azbuky
spykE wrote:
Don't know it, but seeing at the trailer it's still in 2D? Hmm that's a bit old imho Confused

Some people play games for other things then cool looking 3D graphics.
ZeroXD
azbuky wrote:
spykE wrote:

Some people play games for other things then cool looking 3D graphics.

While 2D graphics may not be the most appealing, the gameplay is developed quite well. And as azbuky states, not everyone sees the graphics being the prime driving factor for judging a game. Haven't you ever played an old game that was your favorite, just because it was really fun?
Nameless
I've played it before, but I didn't like it that much. Mostly because you carried on units from one mission to the next, which I could go into a very long argument about why that is not a good thing for gameplay. (I'll save you the trouble of ignoring it ...)
sandyclaus
I love it. It is VERY similar to Advance Wars on the Nintendo handheld systems.

I used to love EPIC games with me and a buddy versus a mess of opponents. Some of the critters in there are fairly tough.
Sphaerenkern
After I played FreeCol with some friends often, I convinced them to try Wesnoth 'cause we never finished a game in FreeCol - on some point, it always hang. So now we're playing Battle for Wesnoth Smile
The advantage to Civilization-style games is for me that you can finish some match in one play. On the other hand, you can save the game and continue later.
About the 2D/3D-thing - well, it's a free game, so the artists won't get paid. This usually means you won't get badass graphics... and I really prefer nice 2D graphics over half-assed 3D graphics.
I think they're quite nice to look at, just compare it with the graphics of FreeCiv, for instance.
gandalfthegrey
The Battle For Wesnoth is a great free game that can work with Linux, Windows or Macintosh.

http://www.wesnoth.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Battle_for_Wesnoth