FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Moving Forums

j14fusion14
Is it possible to move my ipbfree forums and make it under a frihost extension. Like thenintendohackers.firh.net/forums. I am not sure if that is clear enough but all I want to do is make www.thenintendohackers.ipbfree.com to www.thenintendohackers.frih.net/forums.
coreymanshack
j14fusion14 wrote:
Is it possible to move my ipbfree forums and make it under a frihost extension. Like thenintendohackers.firh.net/forums. I am not sure if that is clear enough but all I want to do is make www.thenintendohackers.ipbfree.com to www.thenintendohackers.frih.net/forums.

sure, just move the database and files over here. then i think you have to change some settings about your url in the admin page of the forums.
mathiaus
My understanding of their service is that you have no access to files or database's, in which case no you can't. Even if you did, you would have to use another forum software such as phpBB rather than IPB (as it is not allowed).

EDIT: You don't seem to have many members or posts. You could start a new, all fresh Very Happy
j14fusion14
That's fine I just don't know how to step up phpbb and I want to set up Mybb forums for my other site does anyone know how to do it?
swizzy
hoping i make no offense here... how about using .htaccess to rewrite /forum to your ipbfree link (i'm not even sure you can do this, but i can try for you)

if you want help installing phpbb/mybb (or any other forum script for that matter), i can do it for you.