FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

phpbb captcha edited. Feedback please! :-)

Dougie1
I created a new captcha system using addition of numbers (converted to words) just like the php site! I wondered if you think it is any good. This is just a temporary forum so non of the text around it is changed but I have implemented it into an actual forum which has a lot of use. Do you think it will work against bots? I know it would be easy to build a custom bot but who would waste their time doing that?!?

So go here:
http://www.randomredirection.com/Forum/

and try and sign up using a random username and password just to check that it works.

LOL!!!! Ignore the number of users called bot! That is to test out something else just for fun. It does actually stop bots!
AftershockVibe
Heh, interesting approach. You're right though, it is really easy to get around, especially since it is written in plain text.

Fortunately, you're right that no-one is likely to write a custom bot though!

To make it a little harder you might want to have a look at PHP's ImageTTFText() function to embed your text into an image.
Dougie1
AftershockVibe wrote:
Heh, interesting approach. You're right though, it is really easy to get around, especially since it is written in plain text.

Fortunately, you're right that no-one is likely to write a custom bot though!

To make it a little harder you might want to have a look at PHP's ImageTTFText() function to embed your text into an image.

Except me!!! Quite a few of my custom bots have now signed up!

I was actually going to make it so that each number was in a gif image but I decided that it was easier just to keep it like this because I had to make it easy enough for the admin of the site I was creating it for to install it!