FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Speed of servers

spinanicky
Hi,

Im just wondering how fast the servers are... i have been testing out a lot of free hosts and to be quite honest a load of them are so damn slow. Im just wondering what you guys think of Frihost in terms of speed?!

Thanks
Nicky

edit: Really sorry... just realised this was in the wrong thread.
soulery
not a problem, someone can move it.

Also for the servers, I'm on server 2 and it runs very well. Although I'm not sure about server 1.
spinanicky
cool thanks, all signups are going to server 2 right now anyway so thats fine Very Happy
GoDHiM
I think server 2 is getting slower day by day...and it restar every hour. Im very happy with frihost, but maybe a server upgrade would be ok
spinanicky
It restarts every hour?! why
SpellcasterDX
It restarts every 2 hours. As for why...I'm not sure. A mod will have to answer that. But I think it's cause of a problem with Apache.
mOrpheuS
It's not the server that restarts every couple of hours - it's only the apache daemon on the server that does.
tidruG
Also, server 2 is NOT getting slower by the day. It's a general misconception that server 2 is slow and overloaded. The only problem with server 2 is that, like mOrpheuS said, Apache restarts every 2 hours.
Handyman
I have had no seed issues. All of my pages load really fast. I couldn't be happier.
spinanicky
Cool thanks a lot guys. So how long is the server down while it restarts...normally its only about half a minute isnt it?

Does anyone know why this is?

thanks for your responses! I look forward to having my hosting on server 2 Very Happy
tidruG
It's a mystery why Apache needs to be restarted, but yeah, it takes about half a minute or a minute.
moworks2
what server you're on?...

thanks...

M
[FuN]goku
Im on server 1 and it's almost always ran fine for me, there was the occasional time where something might of been wrong. But other than that its great.