FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pay to Play or Item Mall??

Pikokola
Well.. actually I'm just thinking about it for 2-3 days, but it's really annoy me...

In my country there's 2 kind of way for publisher of games to get their money (in this way I mean online game) Pay to play and Item Mall

In my opinion pay to play is the best, not only it's cheaper but also we can't makes sure how much that we will cost to play the game... I can say for international server, like Ragnarok Online, Final Fantasy XII, etc.

And there's games that free to play, but you need to pay for some boost items (temporary like extra exp, temporary extra accessories, etc) for international server, maybe "Scions of Fate : The Balance of Power", "Pirate Legend" (I forgot the exact name, but I remember it's "pirate" and something after it, not too famous I think..). Yeah They're "Free to play" but sometimes if you count the item mall which you buy using real money, it's much more expensive when it's counted as total cost...

After I compare between those two, I think pay to play is better, not only it's cheaper, but also it's kind of "fair" to all players (No extra exp or items for they that will pay more). But here, it's happen that pay 2 play system are not working, they say that it's too expensive for them to pay it, but actually they pay more for Item Mall system...

what's about you?
Yjaxygames
An item mall is not a good idea. People will buy item mall things and sell them for a lot of ingame money. And that's not good for the game. With Pay to Play everyone is equal. You don't have to pay money to get better weapons or armor or something.
PseudoKnight
There are also cases of free to play, but premium accounts offer benefits. This is essentially like pay to play, but with a lower-tier account for those who want to try it and/or don't mind being less empowered.