FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Getting a security error

Chris24
Is there a moderator who can help me out with this, it is a problem that just occurred and I have not changed any settings whatsoever on my site. I am getting this error when I login to my admin panel :

Following PHP Server Settings are not optimal for Security and it is recommended to change them:

PHP register_globals setting is `ON` instead of `OFF

I am currently using Joomla, but like I said I have not changed any settings, and I was wondering if it was something someone might have changed. Ofter trying to toubleshoot the problem myself through the Joomla site the answers I received stated it must have been done through the host.

Any help would be appreciated.....
rvec
it has always been like this. I remember when i tried to install joomla i always got this error. You can ignore it and if you keep a backup i don't think much can happen.

You can try to put this in a .htaccess file in the joomla dir:
php_flag register_globals off
or if that doesn't work:
php_value register_globals 0

Edit: bondings said i am wrong, i think it was some other setting wich was wrong on the installation. Or maybe it was on my own server.
Bondings
It's supposed to be off. Maybe the php update changed it. Anyway, I changed it to off now. I hope other people won't have any problems with this change.
Chris24
That did the trick bondings, I no longer have the error.

Quote:
it has always been like this. I remember when i tried to install joomla i always got this error. You can ignore it and if you keep a backup i don't think much can happen.

I never had this problem before and I didn't change anything. But, once bondings turned his settings to off, my error went away....

Thanks..Feel free to close if you want