FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fireant pest control

hofodomo01
I've recently been getting a lot of fireants around and in my Georgia house (it's a newly built house, and I'm concerned about bigger ant and pest problems).

Is there anybody familiar with similar problems? Familiar with fireants? If so, what pest control company, ant-killer product, etc, do you suggest for best dealing with this?

I'm most interested in what pest control company I should have come to my house. If anybody has any experience with good pest control companies, I'd greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you.
ocalhoun
I've always just spread a little andro on the nests, which takes care of it. Just whenever they get bad, go around and shake some out on all of them, and they go away. They also have long-term products that stay in effect a long time, but I don't want poison out there all year long, because sometimes more than just ants eat it.
Donutey
Ah, fireants... From my knowledge (which is limited) just call an exterminator, which they'll probably just spray the nests that are outside/near your home, which will probably have to be done every year or so unless there is a freeze.
[FuN]goku
Here in NS, Canada theres been alot of problems with ants (not fireants) but ants, and spiders and im not sure why. Every day we clean spider webs and get rid of spiders, the next morning theyre back. Ants, we managed to get rid of by spraying the nest or w/e it is, with raid.
Aless
We usually just buy some ant killer from Wal-mart or wherever and then spread it around everywhere. Try that for a little while before blowing your money on an exterminator.