FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHP 5 on sever 2 has NOT found its first victom.

m-productions
Alright, i kinda figured this would hurt me a little as a had a heck of a time getting this to work the first time around.

Alright, I have a flash uploader that ive been using.. and took me forever to get to work right (I kept getting a server error) so in my .htaccess I had to add

SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off

And this fixed it... but now with php5 im getting a new error (that I have no idea what it means) [google was no help]

an IOerror. what is that? (the php behind it still works.. as I used a php script to talk to the php part of the uploader...and this still works fine..) but .. this IOerror is kinda new... any help please?
Bondings
Exactly which error are you getting? And on which page/website?
m-productions
Well ive sorted through some of the problems myself. The page is not up on my website, im using the flash file from my comp (as its not ready for the public [all the address are set to my website]) and flash says its getting an "IOerror" thats the error.. but I have fixed this now... and the basic uploader (for flash) is now working again.. but it still will not upload into the user folders.

So my next question, if folders that where made by apache (and php4), will the php5 still have access to them? cause thats the only thing that I could think that would be different.
Bondings
m-productions wrote:
So my next question, if folders that where made by apache (and php4), will the php5 still have access to them? cause thats the only thing that I could think that would be different.

That shouldn't be a problem. I didn't change the way apache (which servers php) works. Also, you should be able to change the file ownership within your DirectAdmin control panel.
m-productions
Well after messing around with it, I have solved the problem (and like always... I find the answer after i make the topic =( )

Anyway, it seems once I delete the folder... and let it remake it.. it worked fine.. However, it seems the folder had already been set to ownership by me.. which might of been why it did not work. =/. Anyway, all is working now, and it seems that there was no big problem after all. Sorry for the trouble, and thanks again for updating!
(this thread may be locked so noone comes and and says something dumb)