FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What's server my account located on?

the-guide
I a new member here, I've looked around the forum and already known that now their are three servers, am I right? So, if I decide to activate my hosting what's server my account located on? And what differ of them?

EDIT: Ok. after I going to my account details now I known that at the moment I only accepted new requests for server 2. But again what differ of them?

Thanks
R. Apichart
Bondings
Currently accounts are created on server 2, which means you'll get a .frih.net subdomain.
bloodrider
First of all, welcome Smile You have have find a nice webhost Exclamation
Yes, you are right, there are three servers.
If you activate your host, your account will probably be allocated on the second server (to see where you are allocated, you simply go to http://www.frihost.com/account/).
I think the third server for now it is not being used to host.
The differences between the first and the second, is the first is used to test new software versions, like now they are testing PHP 5.2.3 on first server.
I think there is not much more differences between them, but probably someone more acknowledge will confirm this Wink

Cheers

Edit: uppsss, too late Razz
the-guide
Ok. Now I acknowledged that.
Thanks very much for your support.

Sincerely'
R. Apichart
swizzy
really speaking, loads of differences... of what i know,

server 1 is hosting a few initial account (who get cpanel) , it runs on freebsd, its usually used for testing, it has almost zero downtime, and its very fast. Some users may be shifted to server 2 from server 3, as this forum is now shifted to server 3 and it is very efficient.

server 2 is hosting all those other accounts (very very huge in number), we get DirectAdmin (better in my opinion) all the people here install very very bloated scripts which are so resource intensive, that they crash the server frequently and often for minutes up to a stretch, and we are the last to receive all the new features Crying or Very sad
rvec
there is a server 3 but there are no users on it for now, both servers run on freebsd, server 2 has a good uptime and there are almost no new features added for a long time (php5 is the only one for all i know).

And uptime is not much higher on server 1:
http://frihost-server-status.us.to/
the-guide
Thanks for valuable information from all of you. I hope that Frihost will keep good services and supports as in the present for a long long times.

Thanks again to all.