FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Free sheet music

emem
Hi!

I wonder if anyone of you knows where I can find FREE sheet music for violin? I mean notes for some famous and well known songs and music... I mean more like bands and so, like metallica, korn..... I know those songs CAN be played on violin, but I need notes Smile I know for 8notes.com, but I don think they have well known music in modern times....

Thanks
Jakob [JaWGames]
I would recommend you to try to get your hands on a noteprogram which can open midifiles. Then you just google for the bands midis. If they are famous there would be no problem. The best would be if you could get Guitar Pro and then search for the tabs on www.911tabs.com but it costs some if you want it legally..

I had a free program which could read midis a while ago.. aah, I tell you if it pops up what it was called.
Guelila
hmmm
I tried finding violin sheet music for modern day songs, but couldnt find any that were free.
I searched for songs by Sonata Arctica, Dream Theater, Metallica, Neil Zaza, and etc (where ever their was a guitar solo...)
I had little luck, and I found this one site, where they have sheet music for stringed instruments, (including violins) but they were not for free..
HDirtwater
I don't know of any published (or unpublished for that matter) heavy rock for violin. There are countless Beatles and Billy Joel type arrangements for string quartet and such, but nothing more modern or edgy than that.

You might try going to Sibeliusmusic.com and posting a request on the forums there. Maybe one of the composers there will arrange something for you. Or, if you're into it, you could do your own by using any number of notation programs - you don't necessarily have to shell out $400 for Sibelius or Finale to do it.
Drvanger
Watch www.pianofiles.com. In this page, you can trade sheets with other pianofiles.com members. There are a lot of member, so maybe you can find some violin sheets. (There are some member, who send you the sheet free, without trading Smile)
soldeinvierno
iiiisiiss como mola hablar con nadie por dios
emem
Thanks! That thing with midis worked Smile I used Notation Player. It's free and it can split midi into few different voices and turn them into notes! Sweet!
Jakob [JaWGames]
Aah, that was the program I used before I got Guitar Pro.
Fun to be able to help Smile