FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

email notify not working for me

moworks2
I've got the box clicked at the bottom...also, at the bottom of main post page the 'stop watching this topic' is available, but i'm not receiving any emails when someone adds a reply...

anyone else have problems with this?

what to do?

kind regards

M
tidruG
There were problems about this, indeed, a few days back. But I think it got fixed. Could you please check again, because I got my topic reply notification this morning.
moworks2
tidruG wrote:
There were problems about this, indeed, a few days back. But I think it got fixed. Could you please check again, because I got my topic reply notification this morning.

ok, i'll wait to see what happens but i didn't get an email notice of your reply Rolling Eyes
tidruG
Why don't you check your settings? Perhaps you have disabled the auto-subscribe from your profile or it got disabled due to the PHP5 upgrade.
moworks2
tidruG wrote:
Why don't you check your settings? Perhaps you have disabled the auto-subscribe from your profile or it got disabled due to the PHP5 upgrade.

Settings were clicked to 'yes' to be notified of any responses...and again, i didn't get an email of your response...

anyway, thanks for trying to help me out...

hmmm, i'll verify on my side that the email is still functioning but i haven't changed anything, it should be fine...

M
moworks2
it works fine so i'm not sure what the problem could be...

M
moworks2
email notify is still not working for me...not sure what else to do...

I even tried disabling the email notify radio button in my profile and hitting yes again...doesn't seem to have changed anything...

M
tidruG
Ok, please wait for Bondings to check this... this is something specific with your account only, because I am getting all my notifications from Frihost, including new PM notifications.
moworks2
tidruG wrote:
Ok, please wait for Bondings to check this... this is something specific with your account only, because I am getting all my notifications from Frihost, including new PM notifications.

ok, thanks tidruG...nothing else I can do from my end as far as i know...

M
Manofgames
Are the emails being caught by your spam filter?
Some filters are very annoying sometimes..
moworks2
Manofgames wrote:
Are the emails being caught by your spam filter?
Some filters are very annoying sometimes..

hi,

thanks for the suggestion but i don't have one on my computer aside from 'junk' filtering...i get to see that and nothing has come in from the frihost site...

and the filter my isp uses isn't very thorough...i get some junk mail, not a lot, thankfully, but some...

it's very weird when stuff like this happens...i've verified stuff on my side as best i can...i'm getting email from the 'usual' suspects and i verified that the email address i use here at fri is working...

for a moment i thought maybe i should trash any frihost cookies, maybe something there is corrupt, but i think it's the frihost site and my email that aren't connecting...i'm thinking the cookie connection shouldn't matter...

anyway, thanks again for the suggestion...computers, software, love it, hate it...

kind regards...

M
moworks2
my email notify still doesn't work...

thanks...

M
moworks2
moworks2 wrote:
my email notify still doesn't work...

thanks...

M

Hey, I actually got a few email notifications over the past few days...

Steve, is that you who fixed me up?...thank you if yes...or whomever...

M