FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

route book management - database creation

markblu
Hello all from a fellow frihoster. I am stumped on how I should design my database and hope somebody can help me out.

Here is my situation. I am creating a site to create and update "route books" easily. Like the books that show each house number on which streets, usually being organized by street with turn by turn directions for the whole route.

Ok now I need to know how I should create my database.
I figure I should create a seperate database for user account info, and another for each book.
But I cannot comprehend how I should make this database it has stumped me!

Each book will have many entries for house #'s and for seperate streets. Does anyone have any design ideas?
alalex
That is something that's going to take you many designing in paper, drawing simple outlines of what you want, the interactions...
I can't help you with this though, it is way too hard and i don't have enough time...
As a first thought, maybe it would help a lot to separate in different tables houses, streets, the ways (if it is one way, north, south...) that way you would only have to load the street schema once, and then you would just add houses.

Maybe search in google for already designed databases with road and street info. Something like a google Maps kind of thing right?

Well, have luck with your work, if done correctly it will be very rewarding!
Luck! Wink