FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what program for music videos?

dlseven777
I'm thinking of making a music video. Or maybe I'm calling that one. I am a complete novice with this kind of stuff. Basically I want to match songs to video clips that I have taken. In your opinion what do you think is the best program to use for this kind of video/music editing?
DorFalla
dlseven777 wrote:
I'm thinking of making a music video. Or maybe I'm calling that one. I am a complete novice with this kind of stuff. Basically I want to match songs to video clips that I have taken. In your opinion what do you think is the best program to use for this kind of video/music editing?

Sony Video Vegas is superb with this type of application. It is very easy to edit soundtracks and videotracks, layering, stills, effects, etc. There are a couple higher end programs out there too, but if you're just focused on Music videos, Video Vegas will probably knock your socks off for what you can do. You can also get a bunch of plug-ins for it as well.

It's actually kinda funny. I have various sound editing software on my computer, but even just for editing music, I usually pull it into vegas.
Magicman
I'll agree with DorFalla, Vegas is great for this kind of video editing. I use it for this kind of project and anything else I do really considering it is the only video editing software I have.
Josso
I always use Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 for my music videos.

Example of the editing here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byhw44e_wJQ

In my honest opinion it's the best for Windows overall but if your doing something with multi-cameras Avid is better than Premiere etc, so you might be better with the software mentioned above depending on what your planning on doing.
videoguy
josso is right, premiere is the best. CS3 is out, but you really dont need it, there arent really any important features.....

what you want to do is sync the beats of the song with cuts in the video. use of transitions is also good, but dont overdo it, it makes you look like a newb.