FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is the phrase "free" really true here?

bropet12
[bMy username is bropet12 i believe you guys can see in this forum>
I am just wondering if the phrase free really is true as mearnt to believe by the Host,i am not trying to make fun of anybodybut i have cause to be so skeptical!
I hope i get whatever i want to use for my daily stuff,hope i get response to this!
]
[/b]
rvec
yes this is realy true. The only thing you have to do is keep posting on the forums.
With this post you got 2.7 points. If you have hosting one point wil be distracted every day. So this post gave you 2 days of hosting.

btw: use the bold tag like this:
Code:
[b]text you want in bold[/b]
SonLight
bropet12 wrote:

I am just wondering if the phrase free really is true as mearnt to believe by the Host,i am not trying to make fun of anybodybut i have cause to be so skeptical!

I understand your skepticism -- there are hidden costs everywhere. There is the obligation to post in the forums, so nothing here is "completely free" as though it depended on a perpetual motion machine!

Here's the scoop:

1. Free as in "free speech". There are few restrictions on the content on your site. There are no ads imposed on you, and you can set up your own ads if you want to. The TOS makes clear that illegal activity, including violation of copyrights, will not be tolerated, nor will adults-only content. You are not even required to have a link back to the site, though most do as a courtesy.

2. Free as in "free beer". There is no financial cost, and there are no "optional extras" to buy. You may want to get a domain name, which you can get from anywhere, but it is not necessary if subdomain hosting is sufficient for your needs. With free applications so readily available on the net, I can't imagine needing to pay for any program or template to install on your site. Your only cost is that you are required to exercise your free speech, by having an opinion and expressing it in posts.

I believe you will find this a friendly environment to host a site in. It provides all that is needed for all but the most demanding of web sites. If you have questions about your site, you may fulfill your posting obligation just by asking them here.
the-guide
rvec wrote:
If you have hosting one point wil be distracted every day. So this post gave you 2 days of hosting.

Please, I'm not very clear, is it mean that it take one point for one day hosting? And is one point reduced every single day? What will happen if our point down to zero or less? If that happen what can we have to do to go on?

Some time I'm very busy so I can't online for long time, how can I make sure that my hosting account still enable? If it disable can I deactivated it once with the old subdomain?

I think that very critical, especially if we made more of our effort so our site up to the good range on search engine, and then we found that our site disappear. So, what can we do?

Question Question Question

Very thanks.
R. Apichart
Bockman
the-guideyou can find out about our points system at:

http://www.frihost.com/faq.php#being_active1
http://www.frihost.com/faq.php#being_active2
and
http://www.frihost.com/faq.php#points

Be Well Cool
Genesiz
the_guide wrote:
Some time I'm very busy so I can't online for long time, how can I make sure that my hosting account still enable?

This post explains how to keep your account active if you're away for lengthy amounts of time. It also has some other useful information about the points system.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-66575.html

Hope it helps Very Happy
the-guide
Hi, Bockman and Genesiz

Thank you very much for your advice, after I looked around that now I'm understand and clearly.

Thanks agiain.

R. Apichart

P.S. Genesiz, your animation looks impressively. I very like it.
Genesiz
Thanks man. I'm glad you liked it. The website i found it on has loads of cool free animations for you to download (just click the link).

I'm also glad you found my information helpful Very Happy