FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bill Gates Not The Richest Man In The World

future_technology
Well, it seems Bill and me have something in common, we're not the richest man in the world. Very Happy

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/322239_richest04.html
http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,2117330,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=24
LimpFish
haha guess we're 3 about that then! Wink I dont think I would want to be the richest man alive either... or maybe... I dont know Smile I could need some cash. But I think wealth comes with a lot of problems actually... or what do you guys think?
Genesiz
Thing with being the world's richest man is that will never have any privacy left ever again. Being second is better; no one cares about your private life.

Another problem is what you would do with all that money. You could never spend it all, you would always have loads left.

Although come to think of it......
neroyert
huh, I thought he lost that title a while ago, but yeah second kicks first's ass. I would love to make the top ten, but really I don't think I could ever spend even 2,000,000. (every house within 50 miles of me is at least 1.5 Million, or 1 million would be more than enough) But I'm willing to try!! Very Happy
Genesiz
If there's anyone out there that would like to make a generous donation to me to try out this little hypothesis, i would be more than willing to accept. I would of course have to choose the largest donation.....for better results, obviously.
kicy
lol You could give all your money away. Thats a good way to get rid of it or... $1000 dollar happy meals Smile
Jinx
There are about 30 million people in the US. If you could convince only 1/30 to each give you a dollar you could be a millionaire, too.

Or you could just design an operating system that crashes at the drop of a hat.
mjohnson
why Bill must be the richest man in the world?I think he is richest in spirite world,he is warm-hearted and I admire him.
newso
He might not be the richest man in the world. But i believe that Microsoft are still the richest company in the world. I dont think it will take him long to get back there. Providing people dont keep sueing him for stupid things.
Hogwarts
Jinx wrote:
There are about 30 million people in the US. If you could convince only 1/30 to each give you a dollar you could be a millionaire, too.

Or you could just design an operating system that crashes at the drop of a hat.

Uhm...

No.

Try multiplying both thirties in your previous post by ten, and you'll come closer to the actual population of the United States. Rolling Eyes

Anyhow, it was obivous that this would happen after Bill Gates donated over $30,000,000,000.00 (As many zeroes as possible Razz) to charity. At least he's not being a scrooge, like that other guy.
newso
yeah exactly my point. Hes has give away a lot of money. But he is going to make that money back so easy and will soon become the richest man on earth once again.

i would actually put a bet on that.
otiscom
Look we're never going to anwhere near Gtes's fortune, and I don't think we could cope with it anyway.
Genesiz
I don't think Gates is really that bothered about being the richest man in the world. He has been so for so long, it must be kinda tiring. Better to let someone else take the crown.

But i admire Gates for donating so much of his fortune to charity, and not throwing it away on luxeries that he doesn't need. If i was in his position, i'd do exactly the same.

Such admirality; oh, it brings a tear to my eye..... Crying or Very sad
pudding
Very generous, Bill, with all respect but since he owns MS, people should be glad, not mad at MS. Nice news, fun to know Razz