FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is water marking....???

nivinjoy
Hi friends i would like to ask a doubt related to photo editing...???

What is Watermarking...??? I think it is the addition of text into an image inorder to protect the copyright..(i think it is the right answer)...

If that is the right answer now can anyone tell me how can i do watermarking...????
wumingsden
nivinjoy wrote:
Hi friends i would like to ask a doubt related to photo editing...???

What is Watermarking...??? I think it is the addition of text into an image inorder to protect the copyright..(i think it is the right answer)...

If that is the right answer now can anyone tell me how can i do watermarking...????

Yes, that is correct.

The easiest form of watermarking is simply placing a piece of txt on any image stating who owns it ... like (c) nivinjoy 2007 for example.

Some photo editing programs allow you to add a watermark through their own little function.
nivinjoy
Hi thanks for replying....but now please tell me how to do watermarking....?Can this be done in Photoshop....??

If it can be done in photoshop can you please tell me how to do that in photoshop....??
[FuN]goku
Placing a watermark in photoshop is sooooooo easy , ill try and explain..

Ok lets make a test file for this, i dont have PS open right now so ill just guess the paths and stuff.

File->New

Dimensions

400x400

Transparent Background

Okay so you currently have one layer, now this is where we want our image.. Place a pic of you or, whatever it is on that layer. Next press CTRL + Shift + N to create a new layer, look in your layer window (should be on the right) make sure the top layer is selected, this is the layer you want your mark on. so just make your mark, and then if you want you can overlay blend it or change the opacity of it. Play around with it... Or if you wanna learn more photoshop (cuz im a bad PS teacher lol) go to err.... tutorialized.com they have some good tuts there.

Hope This helps
nivinjoy
Thanx for the reply and hope this should help....Right now me too dont have photoshop on the computer which i am using for browsing...!! So i will have a try on the thing tomorrow and hope it is done in the way you have said... Laughing Very Happy
bulek
You should rather try Watermark Factory - advanced watermark creator OR PhotoWatermark Professional 7, if you want to create watermarks on more images at once (batch). Those programs are specialized for such things. Watermark Factory is very easy to use, you can watermark whole album witch just few click, while PhotoWatermark Professional gives you a lot more functions and freedom but it's a little bit more complicated.
werste4
Scientifically setting watermarks is a method to be sure that data is not korrupted and from a known source.
As far as I understood, you talked about viewable watermarks. These watermarks are easy to find, but hard to delete.
But there is a second kind of digital watermarks: hidden watermarks. There are techniques for example with hash codes to give a proof of integrity of the data.

For more information, have a look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watermark
pashmina
I like putting watermarks on every pictures i take. i use the software snag it to watermark my pictures and the quality it gives it awesome.
Pikokola
It can be done by giving transparent effect on photoshop...

I think you could find it on the effect menu (the one which contains effects like glow etc...)
lethaltriad
Watermarks is a necessity for all your images. Alot of people steal images and sell it for their gain without recognition to the owners. I watermark all my images, even though I know how easy it is to remove it in photoshop at least it makes it a lil harder for image thieves. Simple to add in photoshop, just use the text tool and write your name or alias on the image, usually make it non obstrusive but thats a personal preference of mine.