FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


my first forum...





frih
hello friends. my name is abhi. i live in INDIA. i built one forum. url of my forum is http://abhi.frih.net/forum. i request everybody to register on it and post their valuable views on the topics. it has various topics like ADD YOUR SITE,HOBBIES, WEB HELP,PLACES,etc. thanks in advance for visiting it. please dont spam it. very soon i will made complete website. suggestions and help are always welcome. hav a nice day!!!




regards
abhi Smile
JessieF
The layout is very nice. The colors are nice to look at. I like the link effect on the menubar - don't you just love how css and other codes can do that. Smile Very interesting site. Great job, and keep it up!
truespeed
Its just the basic xand theme,you havent even changed the banner.

Forums are really difficult to get off the ground,good luck with this one however.
frih
thanks for yor comments and suggestions. please tell me how to change the banner of the forum. also tell me how to get more and more traffic for my forum
DjinniFire
More traffic to your forum ... actually get a website...
all u have right now is a free dictionary that isn't even on the website :/
besides free dictionary, most would go to dictionary.com

You need CONTENT otherwise nobody would want to go to your website. People aren't going to join now because you have nothing to talk about on ur website and there are a ton of websites already developed with similar forums and topics :/

so best bet if you really want a successful forum = get something to attract visitors or have a ton of friends help you start the forums up and have interesting unique topics rather than same old same old like everywhere else :/

banner wise: open paint copy paste banner. Then copy paste one side of banner and put ontop of text then put ur text on it.. :/ or use photoshop

communities take time and effort and beyond on content, content content. Nothing interesting, nobody would want to go to it.
frih
DjinniFire wrote:
More traffic to your forum ... actually get a website...
all u have right now is a free dictionary that isn't even on the website :/
besides free dictionary, most would go to dictionary.com

You need CONTENT otherwise nobody would want to go to your website. People aren't going to join now because you have nothing to talk about on ur website and there are a ton of websites already developed with similar forums and topics :/

so best bet if you really want a successful forum = get something to attract visitors or have a ton of friends help you start the forums up and have interesting unique topics rather than same old same old like everywhere else :/

banner wise: open paint copy paste banner. Then copy paste one side of banner and put ontop of text then put ur text on it.. :/ or use photoshop

communities take time and effort and beyond on content, content content. Nothing interesting, nobody would want to go to it.

thanks buddy for your reply. i am in big problem. i dont know what content i should use for my weite. i am thinking about that for the past 1 month but unable to find anything. please tell me what should be content or what should i add in my website to make it popular.
thanks in advance
DjinniFire
1 month :O LOl
I've been thinking about this for over 2 years !!!
lol and I've had some good ideas but never followed through seeing as most good content requires a lot of time and effort unless you know how to start a craze like digg.com that is user based rather than staff based.

Find ur strengths and work at that. Blogging is a start but is rarely content to start a forum unless your blogging is like an online magazine. (Get a few friends and just write news about life/fashion/movies etc) But remember there are other sites out there so try to be unique as possible in either how you deliver the content or the actual content itself.

If you know programming/graphic design etc then write tutorials and post them on pixel2life or other tutorial indexing sites <== usually design sites can get a good graphic/web designing community up if you have unique tutorials that are hard to find else where. (Most popular and easiest to get going in my opinion as long as you got the skills)

Fan sites are also great but are very specific in the visitors.

Otherwise you're in a dump x] in getting a community going.
frih
DjinniFire wrote:
1 month :O LOl
I've been thinking about this for over 2 years !!!
lol and I've had some good ideas but never followed through seeing as most good content requires a lot of time and effort unless you know how to start a craze like digg.com that is user based rather than staff based.

Find ur strengths and work at that. Blogging is a start but is rarely content to start a forum unless your blogging is like an online magazine. (Get a few friends and just write news about life/fashion/movies etc) But remember there are other sites out there so try to be unique as possible in either how you deliver the content or the actual content itself.

If you know programming/graphic design etc then write tutorials and post them on pixel2life or other tutorial indexing sites <== usually design sites can get a good graphic/web designing community up if you have unique tutorials that are hard to find else where. (Most popular and easiest to get going in my opinion as long as you got the skills)

Fan sites are also great but are very specific in the visitors.

Otherwise you're in a dump x] in getting a community going.


yes buddy. you are right.creating a site is an easy task but making it popular and selecting content is very difficult. i know html,c,c++ and java. hey friend can we work together to make a good sites. see alone we cannot do big task but together we can do anything. we both can make our site popular and attractive. just think about it.

have a nice day
DjinniFire
with html,c,c++ and java usually only HTML and Java will help because c and C++ people are more of the programming study from book type rather than online.

I'd be happy to work on sites with people that possibly provide tutorials.
I myself have done tutorials before and usually can present some good if not unique ones, although photoshop I've lost my edge and have fallen behind tremendously.
knatteante
I really like your layout that is very nice.

Keep it up:)
frih
knatteante wrote:
I really like your layout that is very nice.

Keep it up:)


thanks buddy but i dont have any user for my forum. dont know how to get users for it....
Related topics
Who are your favriote Frihosters?
The best way to promote forum
how to get web hosting
After cration...
It's true.. you get sucked in.
Hosting my first Forum
What was the most AMAZING thing you have ever done in life ?
phpBB - Installation Tutorial
One Click and boom! - Random Topic
Too much confusion
can we fork
The 200 club
Help with website Forum.
Need advice on where to host the my 2nd forum
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Webmaster and Internet -> Advertise Your Website

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.