FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sonata Actica, more listeners?

Jakob [JaWGames]
Sonata Arctica was the band who got me into metal. When I first heard them by a friend I thougt "wow, this music is good". Some months later I had all their CDs and played them over and over. Nowadays I still listens to them, although not as much as before. But for me they are still one of the best!

Anyone here more than me who loves Sonata? And if you do, please tell me which songs you like the most Smile

Personally I like their progressive songs like "Power of One" on Silence, "Gravenimage" on Reckonging Night, "White Pearl, Black Oceans" on Reckoning Night and "My Dreams but a Drop of Fuel for a Nightmare" on Unia the most but that changes over time.
Helios
I was a big power metal fan years ago so I obviously listened to some Sonata Arctica, but I like it less nowadays.
Sonata Arctica have some nice songs, but they tend to be more pop-metal (or even hard rock in some songs) than actually power metal, but still, good music Smile
Sharpe
I listened to them, now I listen to more genres. I was a metalhead in my teens. Now I can enjoy more types of music.
pll
I like sonata arctica they are really amazing! They come to my city at Semptember, 21 but there is no more available tickets Mad Sad
I will try to get some via friends or resellers!

Sonata Arctica rocks the house \m/!
Jakob [JaWGames]
Helios wrote:
I was a big power metal fan years ago so I obviously listened to some Sonata Arctica, but I like it less nowadays.
Sonata Arctica have some nice songs, but they tend to be more pop-metal (or even hard rock in some songs) than actually power metal, but still, good music Smile

Have you listened to their latest album, Unia? It's a love-it-or-hate-it album with darker more komplex music. Personally I love it even it it took a while longer to get into than the earlier. If you not already have heard it I would strongly recommend it Smile
Nutteloos
They make a good listen every once in a while - I'll certainly give the new album a try, thanks!
Shewolf
Sonata Arctica was like the second metal band I ever got into, and I've got all their cds, but not Unia.
Some day I might buy it, or maybe not. I feel like it's something missing in it, the extreme little touch of madness. Like in "End of This Chapter" and "Wildfire", the sence of the sick kind of passion which strikes the human mind from time to time, but which we often try to forget. I simply did not find that at all in Unia, but maybe it will be back; in their next album Wink
kizarop
What's happened with Jani? Is he going to Army? Anybody could say something about new guitarist? Jani is amazing check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz3hpwKTB3I
Shewolf
Jani has quit the band, or more likely he was asked to do so by the other members. Of the new guitarist I know nothing, exept from that's he is pretty good. ANd what more is there to ask for?
Guelila
I love their songs!
My favourite songs are The End of This Chapter, My Land, and Replica. (My Land and Replica are from the album Ecliptica)

I love the double bass and the lyrics are really good too Very Happy
Tatsumaru
Sonata Arctica are one of my favorite power metal bands. I have to be in a certain mood to listen to them though, because of their 'happy' sound they're not always that accessible to me... but I have that with pretty much every genre of metal haha.

Anyway, I have yet to hear 'Unia', but I thought the single 'Paid In Full' was pretty nice... funny how much songs about love they have. I own Silence and Reckoning Night, and Reckoning Night would be my favorite of the two... lots of fun songs, and 'White Pearl, Black Oceans...' takes the cake. One of my favorite 'long' metal songs. Other favorites from various albums would be 'Wolf & Raven', 'Full Moon', 'The Cage' and 'Misplaced'...

Great band!