FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Server 3

Bondings
I'm proud to announce that we've got a new server with the very original name Server 3, and main domain frih.org.

It's a pretty powerful server, processor dual core E6600, 2GB of RAM and a 150GB SATA2 hard disk - all running on FreeBSD. It has DirectAdmin as control panel, apache 1, php 5 and mysql 5. I'll also try to put Ruby On Rails on it.

As you might have noticed, I already transferred the frihost.com website, including these forums to the new server. The server change went way better than expected. It only took like 20 minutes to transfer the whole ~750MB database and import it in mysql 5. The dns settings changed almost immediately since I lowered the TTL to 5 seconds. I still have to change the nameservers, though, but that shouldn't have any noticeable effect. The only problem was the server faulty server time, but that was quickly changed.

New accounts are not yet scheduled on Server 3 since a lot of things still have to be setup/changed. More information about this to follow soon.
Bondings
Server 3 is now opened for new accounts. For some information about it: http://www.frih.org/phpinfo.php .