FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How long will exec() and shell_exec() be disabled?

bladesage
Well, there are quite a few functions disabled right now...is this going to be permanent? I want to be able to use ImageMagick through PHP again, but it is not possible without exec(). I'd also like shell_exec(), so I can get output from the convert tool...will I ever be able to use these functions again? GD is nice, but it just doesn't work for as many things as ImageMagick does.

If possible, I'd like to be able to use ImageMagick again very soon!

Thanks,
-Alex (bladesage)
Bondings
I'll try to find a solution to use ImageMagick, but I'll doubt that system and others will ever be enabled due to security reasons, sorry.
bladesage
Well, having endured so many security issues myself in the past, I can completely respect that. It would just be really nice to be able to use ImageMagick again.

So, if you can't come up with a solution, then I suppose I'll just have to live with it. Anyway, thanks for replying so quickly Very Happy.

Have you considered using SSH? It's secure, there's an extension for it in PHP, and it works really well. I don't know anything about installing it, so I can't really tell for sure if it would work on Frihost, but it's just an idea.
swizzy
bondings, it seems ImageMagick is more resource friendly and efficient than GD2, if you instruct all the numerous forum owners to use ImageMagick, we may be experiencing a faster server, what say?