FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I need a site that can handle submisions! help!

TyPo
My english teacher is allowing me to create a website for him in order to pass the class rather than do the actual homework. crazy I know but im fortunate. I know html, css, and actionscripting but I just found out about forms so I will be doing some tutorials on forms to find out how they work.

Its actually a story writing class and he wants me to create a free site that can recieve formatted text submissions of the students stories so he can pull it up and read them in class.

Please tell me that this is possible through this website/ hosting thing. Also, how many submissions does it take to get enough points to get webspace? also, does this website handle html and css....stupid question i know but just making sure.

IF NOT, does anyone have references to other FREE webhosting sites?
mOrpheuS
TyPo wrote:
recieve formatted text submissions of the students stories so he can pull it up and read them in class.

To be able to receive and store text, you'll probably want to create a page with forms implemented with php & mysql.
You can find numerous tutorials on the internet which will help you do that.

To be able to receive formatted text, you may want to use something like FCKEditor for the text form on your page.
(This will also allow students to compose their text in their favorite text editor, like Word, and then copy-paste it into your form - without losing any formatting)

And probably a nice little page where your teacher can view the submissions.

TyPo wrote:
Please tell me that this is possible through this website/ hosting thing. Also, how many submissions does it take to get enough points to get webspace? also, does this website handle html and css....stupid question i know but just making sure.

IF NOT, does anyone have references to other FREE webhosting sites?

What you need can most certainly be done with FRIHost - in addition to many more things Cool

FRIHost FAQ is a good place to get most common doubts about FRIHost cleared.