FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FriHost Python support and tech details

Danz
Is there anywhere that gives the details of what webhosting features FriHost supports? A key feature for me is Python, but I can't find any details about this - i.e. what version is supported, how it is implemented, what modules and extensions are installed, how much support is given in installing requested modules and extensions. I also could not (easily) find a forum on FriHost web hosting, such as knowledgebase, community support etc.

Similarly I'd like more info on the MySQL implementation - version etc. and also whether it is possible to request PostgreSQL.. (that might be asking too much?). Does anyone else find that web hosting services don't provide very much tech info - at least until you join (and then maybe get disappointed)?
mathiaus
http://frih.net/phpinfo.php provides the PHP config. This includes MySQL.
As that page shows, we have mod_python. This topic says what mod_python is and claims that we have version 2.2 (though it may have been wrong anyway and possibly updated since). I haven't got a clue how to check the python configuration (assuming it's even possible).

You can suggest anything you wish (within reason). There generally needs to be demand for an improvement though, which I'm not sure postgreSQL has.