FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

INCREDIBLE!!! knew about this??

annapurnatraders
>Cats wash themselves after eating because instinct tells them 2 remove the scent so predators can’t sniff them out.

>The first city in history to reach 1 million people was London in 1811.

>The great pyramids in Egypt were the tallest building in the world until the Eiffel tower was erected in 1889.

> 85% of the people killed by lightening are male.

> In Athens Greece, a driver’s licence can be confiscated if the driver is deemed “poorly dressed” or “unbathed”.

>Automaton phobia is a fear of ventriloquist’s dummies or anything that falsely represents a living being.

>In Bavaria, beer is not an alcoholic drink. It is legally defined as a staple food.

> At former US president Andrew Jackson’s funeral in 1845, his pet parrot was removed from swearing.

>Words “Assassination” and “bump” was invented by Shakespeare. If u Say “laugh it off” you’re also quoting the bard.

> Ever wondered why there isn’t mouse-flavoured cat food? Test cats turned up their noses at the formulae.

> Ronald Reagan was the only US president to wear NAZI uniforms. (Of course he wore it in a movie).

> Two dogs survived sinking of the Titanic. They escaped on early lifeboat carrying few people.

>In 1994, new cars in LA put out cleaner air than they took in, due to the high concentration of co2 in the air.

> Continued…Houdini taught himself to drive a car just to get to the airfield & then never drove again.

> IN 1910, Houdini made the first solo flight in Australia. To be continued.

>160 cars can drive side by side on the monument axis in Brazil. The Worlds widest road.

> The Apollo mission left the cockroach on the moon. It as seen in Apollo in the way there, but gone when they returned.

> Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go to space because passing wind will damage their space suit.

> The Elephants snout fish communicate by emitting an electrical signal, like a fishy Morse code.

>In 1916, 55 % of the Worlds cars were Model T fords. A Record that has never been beaten.

> The largest employer in the world is the Indian Railway system. It employs over a million people.

> If you Passed wind constantly six years and nine months you’d create equivalent energy to power an atomic bomb.

> The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps to squirt blood 30 feet.

> The surface area of the lungs, if you were to lay out flat, is roughly the same size as a tennis court.

> Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks otherwise it would digest itself.

> A bolt of lightening contains enough energy to toast 160,000 pieces of bread.

> No matter when badgers mate, clubs r always born around February . Females control when the fertilised egg develops.

>A giraffe can clean its ear with its half meter long tongue. Who needs cotton buds?

>In 1994, LA police arrested men 4 dressing as the Grim Reaper, complete with seethe, & staring n2 OAP homes.

> 53% of women admit to never going out without their make up on.

> The world Record for uninterrupted kiss is 29 hours.

>The world Record for the longest condom ever made is 22 meters.

> Arnold Schwarzenegger won the Mr. Universe title 5 times.

>The longest nose in the World measures 19 cm.

> 41 million copies of the super Mario Bros computer game have been sold Worldwide.

> The average weight of whale is 7.8kg. A human is 1.4 kg.

> 104 people around the World have surname chang.

> the very first bomb dropped on Berlin by the allies during the World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.

> The word “samba” means “to rub navels together”.

Razz Confused Laughing Shocked Shocked Wink Rolling Eyes Idea
standready
Interesting but what is your reference source? President Andrew Jackson's funeral in 184? I don't think so.
annapurnatraders
standready wrote:
Interesting but what is your reference source? President Andrew Jackson's funeral in 184? I don't think so.

Sorry i missed out 5. supposed to be 1845..

i must say u got very good eye.

ni
Liu
Interesting things.

You're probably going to get crap about this besides me, but you have to quote things instead of copying and pasting.
friuser
not good to state information with absolutely no references. Don't understand what one bit of information leads into another piece of information that you wrote. I can only see this thread get into a list of "did you know" type lists. Not that it would be bad because I manage to hold alot of useless information myself. :twisted:
saratdear
What is this

Quote:

> The average weight of whale is 7.8kg. A human is 1.4 kg.

1.4 kg? As in a human's weight? Or do you mean a baby's?
teknotom
This thread = Crap

>.<
GSIS
teknotom wrote:

This thread = Crap
>.<

Some items are quite thought-provoking. I'd never realised that cats always washed themselves after eating (or why). A few other things made me think.

This sort of thread is always interesting to read while Server 2 Apache restarts.
Nameless
Sources, or it didn't happen.
tidruG
Well, I suppose this was supposed to be an addition to the "DID YOU KNOW" facts thread, which was quite recently locked.
Anyway, since this one breaks the rules of copy-pasting and stuff, I'm inclined to close this one as well

-close-