FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Counter strike lags piss me off...

FUTURE
Okay i quit cs for about a year because i was lagging... A year later i installed cs again hoping it wont lag..... I do not know whats going in the past few years i never lagged... My cs rates are 2500, cl update rate 100, cl cmdrate 100... I live in Canada and i am currently use shaw internet extreme package... I did a speed test from vancouver to vancouver and i got around 2000-3000 kps but i usually get 9000kps.. People say that Shaw is a community internet shairng thing....I pay like 40 bucks for it.. shoudl i consider moving to another company... Note* Sometimes when its late like 2 am or so the internet runs quite fast but wtf..... i thought it suppose to work everyday...

Shared ownership spain
QrafTee
Sounds like you're just out of sync with the CS servers you play on and as a result you lag. Not really much you can do about it.
Insanity
Generally speaking, if it's cable internet, your speeds tend to get slower during peak hours. I think that with DSL you get a pretty consistent speed throughout, so you might want to check that out.
scotty
I had a ping of 1 on a server once! But these days I'm lagging a bit, I think it has a lot to do with my system tho?
exarkun
lol even with my 512 kbps package I have no problem playing cs. There should be some servers nearer to canada isn't it maybe its ping isn't so high.
PseudoKnight
"Lag" is a very vague term when trying to find a solution. Do you mean your latency is high? Is your frame-rate suffering? Are you getting lag spikes?

Also, btw, a rate of 2500 is pretty low. Either you forgot to put that last 0 in this post we've found your problem. Heh. I'm guessing it's the former. Wink