FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ahem... What to do with mess in the root section

EtherealDesert
Ahem. IF (and please... I only say IF) one should (by accident) delete the public_htm directory, can one just re-create it... just like that?

And... IF one shoud (by accident) delete some of the files that a board consisted of... resulting in that the user (strictly fictional) wasn't able to delete the board from the GUI (Fantastico). What should be done? Very Happy
Gerardus™
Hi, you can re-create directories as far as i know, cuz the server settings apply to that directory. So every file put in that directory will be available to the world and is what you see on your url.
And if you delete some files manually from a board, and you cannot uninstall it with fantastico , i assume you don't need anything from that board anymore? If not just delete the whole directory and delete in mysql the database wich was used for that board, and delete also that database user for that board, so after that you can go back in fantastico and install a clean fresh board to work with again..
I hope this will work for you. Good luck! Wink