FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are you watching DBZ

hempparulaa
I love Dragonball Z, are you guys watching it? Wink
Deias
that depends on what you mean by watching. if by watching you mean rolling my eyes and falling asleep then sure lol. Just joking with you mate I finished the Anime series awhile ago, and while the show has its merits as a shear explosion sort of way it just sort of seemed to run out of creditable battles towards the end. The show is completely awesome until you get past the Cell saga. if you haven't gotten that far you'll see what I mean. But hopefully you will like it all the way though and it wont turn into embitterment for you.
carlokes
Hio there,

Where I live, Dragon ball is a non-stop anime. It's always on air some season of the serie (be it dragon ball, Z or GT or even the movies and the OVA).
Dragon Ball was quite a phenomenon when it aired here for the first time and i don't know why but the channel company that airs it keeps it over and over and over again.
So, to answer your question, yes, sometimes when having lunch or eating breakfast I get to see an episode of Dragon Ball.
By the way, this vicious cicle started, if i'm not wrong, about 10 years ago.

Stay Cool
QrafTee
No, and I'll tell you why:
Cell Saga was pushing it (a little near the end).
Buu Saga pushed it a lot (which is why it was the last of the Dragon Ball Z series)
Dragon Ball GT just didn't work for me (I don't know why, it just didn't)
I no longer have Cartoon Network (but if I did, I probably would rather watch Bleach, Death Note, Hajime no Ippo, Hikaru no Go, or Naruto anyway)
Deias
QrafTee wrote:
No, and I'll tell you why:
Cell Saga was pushing it (a little near the end).
Buu Saga pushed it a lot (which is why it was the last of the Dragon Ball Z series)
Dragon Ball GT just didn't work for me (I don't know why, it just didn't)
I no longer have Cartoon Network (but if I did, I probably would rather watch Bleach, Death Note, Hajime no Ippo, Hikaru no Go, or Naruto anyway)

well lol Dragon Ball GT didnt push it... it beat it with a large stick and then tap danced on it.
it got so out of hand that even the creator seemed to loose it at the end with the fighting the Dragons.
though I will hand it to them the super 17 movie was pretty kick ass as far as DragonBall Z/GT goes
Bleach, No Ippo, and Full Metal Alchemist
urbanbuddha
not anymore... but I will give some credit that DBZ sparked my interest towards anime especially when it was becoming pure non-sense and detoured me to watch (better) anime at the time, like Kenshin (US title: Samurai X).
blk3
Not anymore, nut its still airing from where I am. I just lost interest watching battles that take 10 or more episodesz to conclude.
wabik90
I used to watch it, but it was long time ago, very long time ago. Yeah, but I have to say it was great and i very liked it. Not only DBZ but the other series(maybe GT was good, only good:-), but now I don't have much time, maybe if it'll be on TV at the afternoon....

Cheers Very Happy
Aures
I've watched it countless time since I was about 5.

The Cell and Boo parts were my favourite as the drawing skills of the makers got better. Razz GT was boring, really.
Sarcas
ah god i always watched that as a kid, some friends of mine were (and still are Rolling Eyes ) addicts to it
Stopped watching somewhere after gokue died liek, for, the 17th time?
vaoger
i a not watching now....
but i finish the story from dragon ball till dragon ball GT...
4 times... so... its good!!
Tatsumaru
I watched and followed Dragonball Z a lot: it was an awesome show. Something annoying though: after each saga they would start airing the show from the beginning, and then show the new saga. This really drove me crazy! Realize: you're all the way up to the Cell saga, and before the Buu saga begins, they start it all over again, with only 5 episodes a week. That's the reason why I never saw the ending, I even missed the whole Buu saga (I've only seen parts). That's back when I didn't watch anime on the computer though.
driftingfe3s
I use to watch DBZ back when I was in junior high school, like ten or so years or so ago. I only watched it cause there was nothing else better to watch at the time. Now that I look back at it, it wasn't a very good anime. Most episodes were just the characters standing around talking and would and it would take a bunch of episodes for the plot to move forward. And when it did move, it didn't move very much.
votd
I don't watch DBZ now, but I like to watch maybe moments from it - or AMVs. But sometimes I do watch Dragon Ball. I especially like watching it from something like Dragonbox quality (AHQ fansubs), not some US crappy DVDs (especially those which are "widescreen faux remastered"). And I'm enjoying it at most ;]. Brings back memories - it's almost as old as world xD.
Pikokola
No... I just watch the Dragon Ball until the Tenka Ichi Budokai (the first one when Goku still kid) and it's turn to be so lame and boooring for me...