FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New Forum Section

kiran_n444
you guys should make a new forum Section Called "MOBILE" wiht the sub Forums being the Cellphone Brands etc. Also you should consider making the site "mobile" or making a "mobile" mirror. But from the looks of it I would say the site will work pretty good on mobile since yuo guys didnt Overflow your forums with Graphics. this is just my timbit.=)
Hogwarts
About having forums on Frihost about mobile phones

Rather pointless, in my opinion.

Firstly, mobiles would go under 'hardware', I suppose.

Secondly, a whole forum dedicated to mobiles? Nobody would use it... Sorry Sad

Thirdly, there's not exactly much to talk about for mobiles..

Fourthly, there are no subforums on Frihost. Perhaps you mean categories and forums? Two, three, four forums about mobile phones? You've got to be kidding me.

About version of Frihost to be used on mobiles...

I would say this is a bad idea.

Instead, however, Bondings could make a low-fi version of Frihost - which I believe (Or at least, hope) that he is already planning to do. If you wanted to use that on your phone, go ahead.. However, that'd probably cost you a bit much - and it's only really a forum.

Two questions, two answers.
tidruG
I'm really not much in favour of a forum dedicated to Mobile phones. There's not much to talk about them, in my opinion. As it is, we don't see too many threads opening about mobile phones...

But in the future, I reckon we probably might need a forum for it, as cell phones are only going to become much more popular in developing countries.
ocalhoun
Possible topics of conversation there:
>What kind of mobile do you have?
<Motorolla 5XK32!
<Samsung R7, with the camera...
< et cetera
The problem with this is that none of the people reading the thread know what the others phone is, because nobody can remember all the model numbers from all the phones, and most of them don't have names, just numbers.

>What kind of mobile is the best?
(See above description)

>Anybody know how to fix _______ on a Motorolla 5XK32?
<Everybody else: NO, call tech support.

Yeah, that would be a great forum...
simplyw00x
I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with the forum genre - look at howards mobile forums or 1src - but with the current level of posting on Frihost it would just because a cesspool of surveys. Like every other one Rolling Eyes
tidruG
ocalhoun, that's exactly the reason I don't really want a forum for mobile phones right now.

However, in the future, when we get more (active) users, I expect this forum would need to come up. Apart from the topics you mentioned, I also think this would be a good place where users could exchange mobile phone usage accessories like applications, graphics, ringtones, etc.
pll
Yup, I was about suggesting a Mobile phone category when I saw this post.
But I read Ocalhoun and now I agree that it would not be a good forum.

A forum about mp3 players would do the same thing.
MYP415
I agree with the majority of you, a mobile phones section isn't necessary at the moment
ainieas
I disagree with most of the posts here. I'm not saying that having a forum about cell phones is NECESSARY but it will be of use. And why wait for the future when right now the density of cell phones is much more than computers. Also you can't compare cell phones with Mp3 players. I mean how many types of Mp3 players are there, and how many types of mobiles? This said, i leave the final decision upon the administrators.
newso
ocalhoun wrote:
Possible topics of conversation there:
>What kind of mobile do you have?
<Motorolla 5XK32!
<Samsung R7, with the camera...
< et cetera
The problem with this is that none of the people reading the thread know what the others phone is, because nobody can remember all the model numbers from all the phones, and most of them don't have names, just numbers.

>What kind of mobile is the best?
(See above description)

>Anybody know how to fix _______ on a Motorolla 5XK32?
<Everybody else: NO, call tech support.

Yeah, that would be a great forum...

theres not much point in having this because you could always ask these questions in technology, hardware and possibly general chat maybe.

So i dont see the point in having a mobile section.
ainieas
kiran_n444 wrote:
Also you should consider making the site "mobile" or making a "mobile" mirror. But from the looks of it I would say the site will work pretty good on mobile since yuo guys didnt Overflow your forums with Graphics. this is just my timbit.=)

Actuly Frihost works great on the mobile. I'm accessing it thru wap right now and i've no problems except i keep getting logged out and i've a word limit to my posts, but i think thats just because of my software Netfront 3.