FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google talk

emem
Anyone uses it?? It seems nice but it should be more advanced if you ask me.
I downloaded that client because I don't like that flash one. But is it only me, or is there no smilies in downloaded client?? In online - flash version there are, but here I can't see them!
Peterssidan
I used google talk a while ago because one of my friends told me to use it. He was the only one of my friends that used it. When I reinstalled windows I never installed google talk again because I rarely used it. One good thing was that you could see when you got a google mail.
Myself I don't love smileys that much so I don't worry about that. I prefer msn messanger because that what my friends use.
froginabox
I use the built-in chat client in gmail. It works well for short conversations, but for anything long I'm going to use emails or AIM. Or maybe even MSN.
johnsonap
Am assuming this is just another messenger then.....the thing with messengers is you just go with the flow, if all your friends said am now using google talk, then you would end up moving! You ususally start of with your e-mail provider, hotmail/yahoo etc, then move to where all your contacts are using
lordstrife
I use talk just for the small features and limited stuff. I used ALL the IM's at one point and after awhile I forget half the people on my lists. So now I use talk and only add people that I know for real. The internet is cool but all the chitting and chatting gets old after awhile.
emem
johnsonap wrote:
Am assuming this is just another messenger then.....the thing with messengers is you just go with the flow, if all your friends said am now using google talk, then you would end up moving! You ususally start of with your e-mail provider, hotmail/yahoo etc, then move to where all your contacts are using

You're right. I use MSn primary because all of my friends does Smile But I don't like it too much, shitty microsoft stuff... Something handy and lightweight would be handy. But then I have to convince all of my friends.... Smile
djclue917
I used to use Google Talk too but with a different client (Kopete) since I use Linux most of the time (like 95% of the time Wink ). But now, I haven't been using it since I already have a Yahoo! account. Also, I have Gmail for most of my communication needs.
Talk2Tom11
I use google talk while in my e-mail... It is very inferior to other IM services though. I wouldn't use it as my main IM communication software
dinael
I use Google talk in mail too. I have it on PC also, but don't use it all that much.
I miss smileys in it a lot. Program should have extensions, like Firefox, so smileys
could be added if someone wants them.
patriot
How do gtalk calls on Linux?
Yjaxygames
GoogleTalk is nice but it's too basic. I rather use MSN (or Live messenger). The only good thing about GoogleTalk is that it has no advertisements.
mjohnson
I like gtalk but there is few people use it in China,so I have few friends in my gtalk.I often use MSN and QQ.
guissmo
I use Gtalk for the email alert when I get connected. That's it.

No one uses Gtalk in the Philippines.
dude_xyx
I have used Gtalk for while. But not often as MSN or Yahoo since Mostly I got there fellow web masters I talk with them in gmail so Gtalk only use to do voice chat when Net is slow.
fadirocks
finally I installed Gtalk on my computer, it's light and voice conversations works nicely Very Happy
[FuN]goku
i tried it a couple years ago, it wasnt that good back then imo, i havent tested it since then, but i dont know too many people that i would talk to using gmail anyways so, ill stick to trillian or pidgin. Smile Multi-IM's ftw! <3
dayveday
The only chat programme I use is GTalk, and then only the Ajax app that's part of Gmail. It's pretty good, although simple, and you can use it anywhere you can get a decent browser. Admittedly I don't chat that much online anymore, it just got too annoying - and I've never been able to stomach MSN.
tamilparks
is there possible to chat just like Yahoo... to get new friends
dude_xyx
tamilparks wrote:
is there possible to chat just like Yahoo... to get new friends

Well you mean like yahoo chat rooms ? They dont have such things but in other hand you can talk to people in your mail.
tamilparks
ya ya i have chated ,
FunDa
I like the Gmail chat thingie. I don't use Google talk though.

The Google talk thingie should have been copied by all email providers long ago . it's really useful when u r on a public computer and cannot install any chat software.

U can chat directly from the browser without any additional software.

I had used meebo for yahoo's chat because I didn't have Java installed to use the Yahoo web messenger.

These companies should understand that a lot of people just don't have the time (or admin rights) or bandwidth to download and install software just to chat.
J-Evil
Google Talk is too basic for my liking... and all of my friends use MSN anyways so that's the messenger I use.
amysanders
i dont think google talk is very main stream really i think the top ones are MSN and Yahoo my personal favourite is msn mainly because everyone that i know uses it.
ssbonez
error
LostOverThere
Yes, its very good. I love it, I enjoy it because its incredibly simple. I hate emotions, winks, backgrounds and all that other Microsoft rubbish they put it.

Its a good simple messager.