FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is the most weirdest movie you've ever seen ?

blk3
What is the most weirdest movie you've ever seen ? Weird in terms of its topic or the way the movie was shot, nothing mainstream. Or simply movies that made you think. I'm thinking along the lines of Donnie Darko, Ichi the Killer etc.

And also please add a synopsis of the movie plot or why do you think the movie is different from main stream movies.
CrimsonStrange
Gummo was pretty bizarre.

( Arrow Official site for the film )

Blue Velvet was also unusual, but then again... you're talking about David Lynch, so if it wasn't unusual, something would be terribly wrong.
silverdown
The rocky horror picture show, gives me the creeps thinking about it.
meet in rio
'Brazil' was just too weird for me to finish, and 'A Clockwork Orange' gave me the same feverish-nightmare type feeling. 'The Rocky Horror Picture' show is weird, of course, but the songs just carry it through. Lovely.

Oh, and 'Time Bandits', although that did, at least, have a discernable plot.
Urban
The recent release : Mr. Brooks, if you saw this movie then you probably understand.
scottycrip
David Lynch immediately came to mind when I read this subject title. Someone already mentioned his name, but mentioned his most 'normal' film (blue velvet). All of them are weird, but some make sense after the first or second watch (most take a few more). THE weirdest lynch movie is Eraserhead. I started watching the new one but didn't finish it yet (inland empire). So far it looks more bizarre than any of his newer ones
McDucque
Drawing Restraint 9

The film concerns the theme of self-imposed limitation and continues Matthew Barney's interest in religious rite, this time focusing on Shinto.

Starring crazy-lady Bjork and Matthew Barney.

It was just....holy cow, and its what I expected, with Bjork involved.
HDirtwater
The Wall is among my top strangest movies ever. I've read A Clockwork Orange, so to me, the film makes perfect sense... Laughing
hlavco
Yellow Submarine, that old Beatles movie. It was strange, but still hilarious.
pudding
Already mentionned, Gummo.
Emmer-Compascuum
For me it'd be Koyaanisqatsi: Life out of balance. I only watched a few minutes of it, but it was enough to know how the movie is. The entire movie consists of fast forwarded recordings of nature and human civilization, all accompanied by minimalistic music.
DorFalla
Hmm... this is a bit hard to say. I love finding the weirdest movies to watch, and since I just woke up, I can't think right yet. ^^;
Off the top of my head, Battle Royale and Suicide Circle are two of the weirder ones by American standards.

Battle Royale plot outline:
http://www.ruinedendings.com/film3666plot

Suicide Circle:
http://www.ruinedendings.com/film4769plot

Audition was also a very creepy and disturbing film, but I'm not sure how 'weird' it is.
Of course, Deathrace 2000 comes to mind as well. ^^
wylieconlon
But Battle Royale was such a well-written book! I mean, that's one of the better books I've read. Though of course, I can't say the same for the movie.

Two relatively recent movies that stand out are Ultraviolet, because it's so stylized, and the Brothers Grimm, just because the events are so... strange! Other than that, though, I can't think of any.
DorFalla
wylieconlon wrote:
But Battle Royale was such a well-written book! I mean, that's one of the better books I've read. Though of course, I can't say the same for the movie.

Two relatively recent movies that stand out are Ultraviolet, because it's so stylized, and the Brothers Grimm, just because the events are so... strange! Other than that, though, I can't think of any.

Didn't say Battle Royale wasn't good; it's just a little off to the standard American audience. Wink

EDITED: Because I still need to wake up and my fingers are lazy.
melissareich
"Stay"

A movie I would NEVER recommend buying or watching!

Me, my brother, and his girlfriend wanted to watch a movie, so we went and bought one (which was stupid in the first place) and we picked that... or I guess you could say, I picked that!

I don't even understand it, if anyone has, please explain it to me!! It's really, really, hard to understand and it doesn't make any sense... it's very stupid! Rolling Eyes
molif
the village! boring and no storyline
Blu_Spykz
Donnie Darko was pretty weird...thought provoking, but mainly weird. Don't watch this movie if you are drunk, or prone to migranes.
poly
Probably Odysee In Space or Clockwork Orange..
DivineLight
The Ring, all my cousins created hype that it's real horror, you cant sit for the whole time. and blah blah, but it's nothing of that sort, even Army of Darkness was better. Dead Alive i mean
pashmina
i think i would say scary movie.
i like it though
cornga56
Yea definitely david lynch movies as some of the weirdest by far. I definitely think you really have to be into them to understand them, and even then movies like Eraserhead I found it very hard to enjoy. I did however like Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive. Both are very strange.
cornga56
oh yea! and this movie called Light Years, if you're lookin for a good old animated highly strange movie give it a look. I used to watch it everyday when I was a kid. VERY strange, but I remember it being alright though.
TurtleShell
donnie darko, yes, clockwork orange, yes--

I also thought Beloved was incredibly strange, but I don't know if you could count that since it was based on a novel (which I haven't read but assume that the story line was basically the same), and it was really the story line--not the cinematic qualities--that made it truly odd. But come to think of it, Clockwork Orange was too, wasn't it?

Dr Strangelove was also very weird, but that may have been because I wasn't paying much attention. oh but wait, that was a book too. Hmm.
Urban
molif wrote:

lmao, so true, what a bad movie! The main idea was good but like you said, no storyline
TurtleShell
Urban wrote:
molif wrote:

lmao, so true, what a bad movie! The main idea was good but like you said, no storyline

I completely disagree. There was a story line. Call it boring if you want.
welshsteve
I would have to say the weirdest film I've ever seen is "Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas". Totally bizarre, spaced out film with Johnny Depp in it. Based on the Hunter S. Thompson novel. It also had Cameron Diaz, Tobey Maguire and Christina Ricci in it.
jwellsy
Pink Floyd filmed an Ummagumma documentary at the Acropolis that was very weird. But, not as weird as the movies Neil Young did in the 70's.
Hello_World
A movie called 'Moon' it's American but I assume not mainstream, I really liked it though.

And a movie called 'Machine Girl'. Crazy gore, just madness.

Sucker Punch was truely weird, but I think it may be considered mainstream. I hated it mostly, boring.

Rocky Horror was one of my very favourite movies when I was a kid. The music rocks. I don't consider it weird but people have mentioned it. Probably because I watched it as a kid I think it is normal lol.

Oh - and Being John Malocovich... is a GREAT movie.

Haha Kayaanisqatsi - I really like that and Baraka, and others of that genre. Yes, weird, though. I think Baraka is better.
Blummer
Yes, Clockwork Orange. Really wild. Good camera work, but still so weird.
LostOverThere
scottycrip wrote:
David Lynch immediately came to mind when I read this subject title. Someone already mentioned his name, but mentioned his most 'normal' film (blue velvet). All of them are weird, but some make sense after the first or second watch (most take a few more). THE weirdest lynch movie is Eraserhead. I started watching the new one but didn't finish it yet (inland empire). So far it looks more bizarre than any of his newer ones

Haha, yes. I did the same, saw the title of the thread and knew someone was going to mention David Lynch. I'll have to go and say Eraserhead as well. It epitomises the word weird -- I love it so.

Hello_World wrote:
A movie called 'Moon' it's American but I assume not mainstream, I really liked it though.

Moon is fairly mainstream. I'm sure by now most people have heard of it at the very least.
sukhjinder
For me it has to be Audition!!
Radar
I don't remember, and I'm really glad about that.

The most off-the-wall humour movie that I remember would have to be 'Shaolin Soccer'. Hilarious, great, but not normal at all.
rogue_skydragon
Check out "The Room," and prepare to laugh your butt off.
menino
I think the weirdest movie I saw was a Korean movie called "Old Boy".
It gets quite interesting in the beginning, but after a while, it gets really weird and sick especially towards the end.

I think I've seen some more weird movies, but this movie "old boy" takes the cake.

I think there are many weird movies out there, though.
donoob88
watch men is weird for me, i don't know, maybe i do not understand the movie, it is like complicated, the lady hero have sex to mr. manhattan, then to daniel.. Embarassed The end is that roll sha, he exploded by the power of mr. manhattan, i do not understand why. Razz very weird for me, i should watch again and analize the story Very Happy Razz
ujjwalshrestha
someone mentioned "Mulholland drive" by David Lynch ... one of the weirdest I have seen ... took me several viewing to fully comprehend the story ...

Anyone seen the "What the bleep we know?" ...some of the concept presented in the movie was really weird.
PapaMinouche
Nothing can beat Brain Dead....I was in shock for a whole week lol Razz
gandalfthegrey
Two words: <b> Good Dick </b>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Dick

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944101/

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/good_dick/

Weirdest, creepiest shit you will ever see - but it is one of those movies that you must watch at least once in your lifetime.
Laro696
I'm also gonna have to go with Clockwork Orange
Vanilla
I need to watch Donnie Darko. Really. I think it's my kind of movie. Very Happy But back to the topic, one movie that I found really weird was Forbidden Zone. I have only watched it because of Danny Elfman (he plays Satan in that movie). And yeah... Weird. Rolling Eyes

silverdown wrote:
The rocky horror picture show, gives me the creeps thinking about it.

I have watched it like three times and I find it lovely. I got the songs in my mp3 player, since they're so catchy!