FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is anyone an Artist?

mrimp
I was wondering if anyone was an artist and also how much money they could earn. If I were to become an artist, would it be worth it or would it be underpaid? I'm only 14, but I enjoy my artistic talents and what the future holds for me. Thanks a lot, it'd be great to talk to someone who knows about it.
Afaceinthematrix
well it really depends on what you get into to.... if you're an artist and work on video game graphics you'll make money... but i don't think tattoo artists make a lot of money... a lot of artists are underpaid...
Drawingguy
I think it's like being an actor, except less so. You can make it big, but it depends on your level of your talent, as well as whatever luck and exposure you get.
Dimaod
mrimp wrote:
I was wondering if anyone was an artist and also how much money they could earn. If I were to become an artist, would it be worth it or would it be underpaid? I'm only 14, but I enjoy my artistic talents and what the future holds for me. Thanks a lot, it'd be great to talk to someone who knows about it.

I'd definitely recommend to at least formally have some "standard" profession, that will for sure allow you to have food on the table and be independent in life. Then try things out with the art.

Through the time, you will see absolutely clearly what the "balance" between art and job should be.
earlee
dude you cant go along with being an artist just to EARN cash...they earn ****** thats why most artists wear rags and drink cheap wine. Alot of my friends are artists...i decided to go do something inbetween and go with web design and graphic design which CAN make a bit of money if you know what your doing and your creative
agustin
Im kinda an artist. Im just styuding for now. I love drawing, making videos, Phots, etc- I personally dont mind about the money, its important to me being happy on what im doing and not how money Im gonna earn doing it. So... i dont know, just do what you really love, And keep pushing. Good luck
mrimp
thanks for all your replies! I was only wondering what stuff i could do in the future. I know i didn't really specify much but i probably will head into graphics/character design if i can. There's also a gallery in my town, i don't really know how much people would get for selling their stuff there, but i think that enjoying your art is the best thing, even if you aren't paid much.