FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

a quick question..

Srs2388
can loud music mess my screen up?
I had my music pretty loud the other day... my screen was "bumping" to the music..
and the color on the screen was kind of messed up.
could the music be messing it up?
The Mitchell
i shouldnt thinks so although if the bass was moving your desk and your monitor was shaking this may cause problems i guess :s
tidruG
The Mitchell wrote:
i shouldnt thinks so although if the bass was moving your desk and your monitor was shaking this may cause problems i guess :s

I was about to say the same thing.
Playing loud music should not really affect your screen, unless you're playing it so loud that it's vibrating the desk on which your monitor is placed.
Srs2388
well my subs were kind of close to the screen... lol everything else was rattling i guess i could move them across the room.
I don't want to mess my screen up.. things are too expensive...
SimonWSTS
Well even if it is messing it up when music is playing it shouldn't do any lasting damage at least. So I wouldn't worry.
ddukki
Are you sure you weren't rattling your skull with the deep bass? xD
But seriously, if you're using a magnetic computer monitor (not LCD) the electromagnetic interference might be messing with the magnets inside the monitor. Try de-gaussing, if that's the issue. Just a suggestion; I'm not a physicist or anything.
Srs2388
i might have rattled my skull... it's awful loud... i think it was rattling my eyes, because my screen is heavy. i dunno Razz my screen still works so im good
Nutteloos
A while ago my screen got messed up for no appearant reason. A few days later it turned out to be the adapter from my sub, which was placed about 10cm below the monitor and caused it to blur and shake around the edges.

If it only happens when you play loud music, it has to be the bass though.
Srs2388
yeah mine does that when i turn the bass up... the sub was under the desk ... BARELY fitting.
and it was hitting close to the max. sooo i guess that might not be too good.
i got some longer speaker wire and moved it though... still loud enough.
hangfromthefloor
I don't generally listen to music that loud... I don't think your screen likes it either :] You might want to consider softer music.
Sickness
I had my music pretty loud the other day... my screen was "bumping" to the music...

Please turn it down
http://64.81.166.104/images/nonstatic/DSCN0149.JPG
Helios
If you have CRT monitor, the electromagnetic field emitted from the speakers is the cause, no doubt about it. Anyway, move the speakers away from the screen and you'll be fine.

To the user above: I've edited your post. We still have members with 56k modems Wink
Srs2388
wow I bet that was loud... mine "bumps" to the music even if i don't have it very loud.
I'm glad i didn't mess my screen up.. Confused