FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Trendnet Wireless USB adapter

samples-surveys
I bought Trendnet 802.11g Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter 108 Mbps based on its price, which I see now may have been an unfortunate mistake. I needed a basic wireless adapter for my PC, I receive free wireless Internet in my apartment and this adapter seemed to fit the bill adequately.

I set up a wireless network at my parents' house and tried the Trendnet adapter just to test out the connection. I'm using DLink's Rangebooster G Router with WPA2 encryption, the network is fully functioning using a Dell USB adapter on another computer.

I installed the software included with the adapter, I can find the SSID when I perform the scan on the software but I can't figure out how to connect. I have admin and user IDs with passcodes and a network key but haven't been prompted for any of it. I'm ready to give up!
crdowner
I have used a couple of Trendnet products and had pretty good luck. I freely admit that the products are rather cheaply made but they performed the desired function nonetheless.

Have you tried the Trendnet support site? Have you contacted Trendnet for assistance?