FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Birds-Aren't they amazing?

Kestrad
Birds are awesome animals. They are extremely varied, are evolved very well, and better yet, they can fly. And some of them are pretty intelligent too Very Happy
Mrs Lycos
If you see the scales in their legs, they seem to have reptile features too. That's really weird.
What I don't like about any other species apart from mammals - birds, reptiles, insects, is that they don't' seem to have the ability to be tender, or to show affection, not only to men (if they're pets), but also among their own species.
Rico
Mrs Lycos wrote:
If you see the scales in their legs, they seem to have reptile features too. That's really weird.
What I don't like about any other species apart from mammals - birds, reptiles, insects, is that they don't' seem to have the ability to be tender, or to show affection, not only to men (if they're pets), but also among their own species.

We’ve had parrots since I can remember and they are pretty tender towards each other and us. Also the love birds, …. Love birds need I say more. Reptiles and insects yes emotionless but birds are beyond a shadow of a doubt sentient beings no?
Sipe
When I was little, I dreamt that I could fly Very Happy I saw even a dreams of it.

And yes, birds are nice animals. Smile
Kestrad
Rico wrote:
Mrs Lycos wrote:

We’ve had parrots since I can remember and they are pretty tender towards each other and us. Also the love birds, …. Love birds need I say more. Reptiles and insects yes emotionless but birds are beyond a shadow of a doubt sentient beings no?

And swans-there's probably a reason they've become symbolic of everlasting love.
jwellsy
I like wild songbirds, hummingbirds and raptors.
I don't care for pet birds, they leave the largest biological waste footprint of all pets.
I Love chickens, turkeys, game hens, ducks, geese, quail, pheasants and doves
with butter and garlic.
RubySlasher
I have four parakeets, and one of them can talk. He says "chicken butt, so cyoot, spicy chicken, fat bird" as long as some other occasional phrases. I love him like he's my own son, so cyoot.
ubcd
Very Happy i agree birds are amazing
Wesker
Agreed. I've been partial to the raptors, particularly the peregrine falcon and the red-tailed hawk ever since I was eleven or so and reading Animorphs. They're beautiful, deadly animals.
smokey4life
I never really got into bird watching or anything of that nature much, but i can agree with the rest of you they are definitely amazing animals! Just the fact that they have the ability to fly so fast and for such long periods of time with such ease has always astounded me.
silvertailsfox
I love birds. When I was little I would dream of catching a wild bird and keeping it. I actually tried that once and (of course) I failed.
Well, I did finally get a pet bird eventually. I have a hen and she's the sweetest girl in the world. Roosters aren't so affectionate.
scrub
I really appreciate that birds don't mind showing themselves to humans. I've started sitting in a natural area near my house every day, and the only mammals I see are squirrels and nutria, but of course birds of all kinds show themselves constantly! Without them I wouldn't have nearly as much interesting life to watch and hang out with...just the plants and occasional mammal, which might not be enough to draw me out on the colder and wetter days!

I just learned yesterday to identify golden crowned sparrows; I have so little experience with birds that I feel excited each time I learn a new one, even common birds I've probably been seeing for years! :)

Scrub
jwellsy
scrub, did you know that deer communicate vocally with each other? If you learn about the different kinds of deer calls. You will start hearing them in the woods also. Some of the strange bird noises in the woods are actually deer.
agustin
Yes for sure... I like to take photos of birds... you can check me page here.... www.jazzarg.com.ar ther a couple of birds phots there,,,
heartbeat
scientists say birds could have evolved from dynossaurs, why not from the flying fish? after all there are many species of birds that dive and fish
zjosie729
I've always wanted to turn into a bird... I figure I'd enjoy that feeling soaring in the sky.