FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is marriage ?

gabrielavailable
Is marriage a do or die affair?
CrimsonStrange
I think that's one of the main reasons why marriages fail so often & end so quickly: people tend to look at them as "do or die" situations.

If you're in a relationship that feels like a coffin or an inescapeable prison, then (in my opinion) you shouldn't get married.

Now, if you mean do or die as in "giving it your all; your complete & total devotion & attention; realizing that it's a lifetime commitment of unconditional love, support and understanding " then... yes, it is. Wink
whatinstorm
i think i deped of the two personne if two personne want to married its okk but dont separete after five years if you marrie a person its not ffor divorce with him after some years that what i thing
molif
if you treasure the marriage, and learn to always learn to spice it up.. it's not a "die" affair..
supjapscrapper
lol, matrriage only dies when you give up and don't take care of it. If there are unsovable problems then you can't do anything against that. The thing ios to try not to get overwhelmed by feeling at the begining atns to take decisions carefully, marriage is for life for me so I'm taking time to really decide. But it's a ful-time job and books and tricks, history exeprience are never enough to keep it alive, there are so many dioimensions to marriagae. It's crazy. But it's alsoa real science. It's fascinating to see two people in alliance for 50 years.
nappa
Marriage is just to a way to make people know you really love each other, and I think you don't have to do that If you live together and really love each other then it's enough.

Don't have to tell the world about it, just you two....
johnsonap
Marriage is just to a way to make people know you really love each other, and I think you don't have to do that If you live together and really love each other then it's enough.

Don't have to tell the world about it, just you two....

Not sure its just for that....am due to get married next year, but not to tell everyone that we love each other, more to make it formal, as i dont belive in having kids outside marriage
wise
Marriage is an important institution. Many marriages fail because of lack of comprehension and compromises between the couples and not to forget when we take it for granted
molif
children outside marriage is definitely hard.. not sure how some couples can don't get married but still have children..
tijn01
Marraige is a dying tradition. There is no need for it. People get married for all the wrong reasons these days. I know that I am more committed to my lover than my friends are to their husbands. They got married for the attention, pretty dress and ring. They like being owned. I don't like being owned so I keep it simple. I will be with my lover till I die, but if we both knew that why do we have to get married. It is a promise between the two of us and no-one else.
smpmedia
WHY AM I MARRIED?
You have two choices in life:
You can stay single and be miserable, or get married and wish you were dead.

At a cocktail party, one woman said to another, "Aren't you wearing your wedding ring on the wrong finger?"
"Yes, I am. I married the wrong man. "

A lady inserted an ad in the classifieds:
"Husband Wanted".
Next day she received a hundred letters.
They all said the same thing:
"You can have mine."

When a woman steals your husband, there is no better revenge than to let her keep him.

A woman is incomplete until she is married. Then she is finished

A little boy asked his father,
"Daddy, how much does it cost to get married?"
Father replied, "I don't know son, I'm still paying."

A young son asked,
"Is it true Dad, that in some parts of Africa a man doesn't know his wife until he marries her?"
Dad replied, "That happens in every country, son."

Then there was a woman who said,
"I never knew what real happiness was until I got married, and by then, it was too late."

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.

If you want your spouse to listen and pay strict attention to every word you say -- talk in your sleep.

Just think, if it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all.

First guy says, "My wife's an angel!"
Second guy remarks, "You're lucky, mine's still alive."

A Woman's Prayer:
Dear Lord, I pray for: Wisdom, To understand a man , to Love and to forgive him , and for patience, for his moods. Because Lord, if I pray for Strength ~ I'll just beat him to death "

AND NOW FOR THE FAVORITE!!!

Husband and wife are waiting at the bus stop with their nine children.
A blind man joins them after a few minutes. When the bus arrives, they find it overloaded and only the wife and the nine kids are able to fit onto the bus.

So the husband and the blind man decide to walk. After a while, the husband gets irritated by the ticking of the stick of the blind man as he taps it on the sidewalk, and says to him,
"Why don't you put a piece of rubber at the end of your stick? That ticking sound is driving me crazy."

The blind man replies, "If you would have put a rubber at the end of YOUR stick, we'd be riding the bus ... so shut the hell up."
bri4n5
I know a girl, and i just mad about her, if i'll getting married with her, i would be the happiest man in the whole world!!!!!!
urbanbuddha
Marriage is a socio-cultural construction in the way that it clearly shows the public the union and exclusivity of two people. Don't forget all the legal issues as well.

I don't think it's really a do or die affair (unless your religion dictates it is so). If two people love each other and are committed to each other in the long term, that is enough. If people want to make it known to family and friends and the general public population, a legal marriage is just another step further.
aningbo
i dont intend to get married untill i'm cross 35... hey did i tell u that i'll be looking for a 20 yrs old hehehe

i still got a long way off.... happy married life