FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

private server

syntax101
i created my computer as a server running a xammp at first i can see me work located in the htdocs (e.g. http://222.123.1/index.html). then i already forward my port set up my router, open port 80 . it works but then today
i have a message. my ip address was correct i check it in www.whatismyip.com

Request Error (invalid_request)

Your request could not be processed. Request could not be handled
This could be caused by a misconfiguration, or possibly a malformed request.

For assistance, contact your network support team.
mOrpheuS
-moved- in from Web Hosting Support section.

Please use that section only for FRIHost hosting support related questions.
infobankr
Hi syntax101, your setup is actually pretty complicated thought it might not seem to be. From what you describe I think you are trying to access a NAT address from behind a firewall. While this is possible, it never works predictably.

I believe you will need the loopback ability on your router, or something like that. To help troubleshoot, you can try accessing the server remotely, and accessing the nat address your are forwarding port 80 to.
syntax101
infobankr wrote:
Hi syntax101, your setup is actually pretty complicated thought it might not seem to be. From what you describe I think you are trying to access a NAT address from behind a firewall. While this is possible, it never works predictably.

I believe you will need the loopback ability on your router, or something like that. To help troubleshoot, you can try accessing the server remotely, and accessing the nat address your are forwarding port 80 to.

i really dont understand what you meant. is there another way to acces my computer as a webserver?
blueray
To build a private server, you have to think whether your internet connection was
1.) dialup or 2.) dedicated.

1.) dialup
Because it is based-on dynamic IP Address assignment. So, everytime you connected to the Internet.
Your IP Address changed. For this reason, you have take some free service from third-party company to help publish or update your dynamic IP Address.

For instance,
At morning 10am, you connected to Internet. After then, at afternoon 5pm. You restarted your computer and re-connect to net again. With these connections your computer have assigned differnet
IP Address for each dialup.

Take this step to check your IP Address.
Open a command prompt : Select Start Menu -> Run Command -> Type Cmd.exe
At the command prompt : Type ipconfig / all -> Look at the connection something called PPP adapter ...

You got the IP Address.

Code:

PPP adapter NdisWan8:

Description . . . . . . . . : NdisWan Adapter

Physical Address. . . . . . : 00-01-d0-9a-66-80

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

IP Address. . . . . . . . . : 221.126.235.34

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . : 221.126.235.34

So, please go to www.no-ip.com, it is one of a free dynamic IP Address Update Service.
First, sign-up an account, then, modify the host mapping you like. (Check out the help the service
provides )

Then, download a small app from the same site and install it on your private computer. This app
will periodical check for Internet's IP Address and update it as needs if changed.

Your users will connect to publicly open host name offered by www.no-ip.com and will translated to the above IP Address, and, finally, to your private computer.

2.) Dedicated
This should not have any issues as it is a fixed IP Address. It haven't changed everytime users
make a connection.