FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My Dell D620 laptop problem

markblu
hello i recieved 2 dell laptops from a friend. apparently he has obtained them for very cheap because there are password lockouts on them. anyways he gave them to me thinking i could unlock the passwords in the bios to be able to boot from cd and restore windows to a fresh copy. one was a d610 which i fixed by sticking the hard drive into MY d610, reinstalling windows, and putting it back into the protected d610 and it works i just cannot unlock the bios to turn on the wireless devices. the other is a d620 oh man this one looks nice BUT there is a sys password at the beginning i cannot get through no matter what. its that white screen or w/e saying you cannot access the data until the admin or system password is provided. it would be so awesome if i could get into the bios of the d620 because i want to buy this one from my friend. the computer system number is 90CGMB1-595B. i tried pulling the cmos to no avail the password is kept on flash and not eeprom. other dells have a way to short the 24c02 chip but my model and a few others just have to be different and use flash i guess. anyways i was hoping if anyone had any ideas on this matter?